1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

“South” Padre Island riding

Discussion in 'Southwest Region Riding Area Information' started by rbohno, Jan 11, 2018.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. rbohno

rbohno Richard SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Teryx 800 le

I am a bit confused on the laws of driving to South Padre Island and driving it on the beach all the way to the cut for fishing. One site says that it is legal but other people have said no. My wife and I were born and raised in Texas and still have family there but I don’t want to trailer my Teryx 1500 miles each way to find out I can’t ride it there.

We have been residents of NC for 10 years so it has been 11 years since we went and back then when the pavement ended anything was okay, heck they even rented dune buggies and sand rails to drive on the beach.

Any advice or first had knowledge of the current situation, we are thinking of going back down in a April.

2. jmarco89

jmarco89 Justin SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2016 Mule ProFX EPS Black

Curious to find out about that too. I’ve been to crystal beach many times down on bolivar island. Miles and miles to ride but not nearly as nice as padre. I have also heard mixed things about riding down there. I got the same info some say yes others say no. I know on crystal beach all you need is a beach pass and you’re good. So I would think padre would be similar with more restricted areas though

3. MitchK1P5

MitchK1P5 Mitch SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2016 Honda 1000 5

I would like to know also. Never been.

4. Bajaguy

Bajaguy Troy SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2017 RZR 1000