1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

08 700 Engine Into 09 700

Discussion in 'Full Size: 700, 800, 2009-2014 Model Years' started by intertrashional, Apr 2, 2018.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. intertrashional

intertrashional Ryan SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

09 Ranger XP 700

Good morning. First time poster. My 09 Ranger 700 is in need of an engine replacement/rebuild. Rather than rebuild I found a good used engine from an 08 Ranger 700. I am wondering before purchasing it if it will be a direct fit without any modifications or what would need modified to make it fit. Thanks in advance!

DieselFume likes this.
  2. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Hi Ryan-

I'm not aware of any differences in the 700s in those years except maybe the changes in the tps sensor- Are you using the old throttle body/ wiring harness?

If so, I wouldn't expect any issues with the swap as everything else should be to the best of my knowledge the same.

You'll need a primary clutch puller tool so you can get the inner clutch housing off. Most dealers have them for about $30, I think you can find them cheaper online.

Keep us posted on the swap and throw up a few pictures!

If have any more questions just let me know, I've worked on quite a few of these.

BTW, Welcome to the Nation!

3. intertrashional

Side X Side(s):

09 Ranger XP 700

Thanks so much! I was hoping to use all the engine externals from the 09 on the 08 engine. Sounds like a plan. Thanks again for the help!

DieselFume likes this.
  4. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Just was looking at my cheat sheet, and the 08 and 09 700s used the same tps setting voltage, so you "should" be able to use the newer throttle body as well. I'd guess it to be a direct swap unless there's something I've overlooked.

5. intertrashional

Side X Side(s):

09 Ranger XP 700

Thanks. My biggest concern is if the mounting was the same. The brackets look different but the crankcase numbers are the same between 08 and 09 which is what really matters I believe.

DieselFume likes this.
  6. Curt

Curt Administrator

The mounting points are the same between both engines. You shouldn’t have any issues with the swap.

DieselFume likes this.