1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

1500 or 2500

Discussion in 'Trucks, Trailers, & RV's' started by lenb, Jul 8, 2016.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

1. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron Moderator

Side X Side(s):

17 Polaris General
    13 Polaris Ranger

just about all pickups built today and even in the past few years the cab is removed to do even simple repairs. hoses all quick release couplers wire harness unplugs and a few bolts and engine all wide open!

Seastacker likes this.
  2. Curt

Curt Administrator

I had an 11 6.7, with 220,000 miles. Yes, my Def system failed on it but I just deleted and tuned it. It was a great truck, and the only issue I had was that Def system. I wanted a long box so I traded it in on this 2014 F350. I like it a lot, it runs great, tows really well, and is quite comfortable.
    IMG_2529.JPG

Ken and Piston Honda like this.
  3. Ken

Ken SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

2013 Ranger XP 900 Sunset Red LE. 2009 Ranger 700 XP Sunset Red

The Ford Power Stroke is the same. Have to pull the cab to do much of any engine repairs. Dealer told me it is quicker to remove the cab than to work on with out the cab removal. Said to remove and reinstall was only 4 hours labor which surprised me.

4. Ken

Ken SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

2013 Ranger XP 900 Sunset Red LE. 2009 Ranger 700 XP Sunset Red

Seth, when I got into looking at trading I like you found the F250 pricing was not the far off the F150 and that made the F250 Diesel become very favorable for me, plus the new design I love. I only have 6000 miles on mine and love every minute of driving it. My neighbor just traded off his 2012 F250 6.7 with 230,000 miles on it.He did every thing with truck and lots towing. He had very few problems with it. The front crankshaft seal started leaking as he traded it off and that was about it.

Piston Honda likes this.
  5. Oilcan

Oilcan Steve SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

RZR XP 1K, Honda Rincon, Honda Rancher

I paid the piper for a Dmax back in 2004. Been the best rig I have owned. Probably push it and me in the ground when that day comes ha ha. As far as towing, we had a 30' toy hauler. It was sketchy on the long down hill grades we had in BC Canada. I added the engine exhaust brake and all those slowing woes were gone. In February of 2012 the wife and I put our stuff in the toy hauler (her wine did freeze, even with the furnace on high for most of the trip) and drove to Nova Scotia (my real home) not one hick up. The use of 4x4 was constant, I consumed just over $1500.00 in fuel which I thought was great. I recently sent my gauge in for new stepper motors, but other than that, she hauls what ever I ask her to. The LB7 motor is strong and does not need DEF, or have many of the new model truck HP stealers.... :) The Allison transmission is used by many commercial trucks like "Hino" so you can count on reliability there too. Good luck in your hunt!

Ken likes this.
  6. martinbrown2382

martinbrown2382 Martin SXS Nation Rookie

Despite using your own vehicle, Use the towing service instead, they got the engines that may hold several pounds of load.