1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

1st side by side purchase.

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by Nastcat, Nov 28, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Nastcat

Nastcat Paul SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Hello Nation members!

I’m currently researching what side by side is best for me and would like to have others input on a few things. First off my background, dirt bike, atv, and snowmobiler for the last 40 years all in and around Michigan. I’m on the larger side at 6’2 @ 270lbs so fitting into these machines comfortably might be a challenge for me. My wife and I are planning to trail cruise mostly around mid Michigan however I’m a performance junkie always in search of more HP.

So far I have been gravitating towards the 2020 General 4 XP, also in the running is a 19 Turbo S, as there are a few around at good prices. The General fits me well but the Turbo feels a bit snug but workable. Has anyone purchased a general and had buyers remorse? If so what is the biggest reason horsepower, suspension or other reasons?

I have looked at Talon, Krx, defender etc. but I’m struggling with which brand/model is best for me I want to keep the cost under $25k. If there are other machines I should consider I’m open to all brands configurations. Any and all feedback is welcome.

2. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron Moderator

Side X Side(s):

17 Polaris General
    13 Polaris Ranger

Welcome to the Nation Paul !
    You wont regret the General! for most riding you wont miss the Turbo and the G has a little bigger seats then the RZR. and don't worry about the missing power a clutch kit and a tune and you wont need a turbo. I have a Dalton clutch kit a Gilomen innovations tune and a mbrp exhaust and will run with the turbos on about any trail :cool:

Nastcat likes this.
  3. Nastcat

Side X Side(s):

Thanks for the feedback Ron!
    I like to do my homework before big purchases but there are so many options in sxs’s it really is hard to sort out all the options. I’m also torn between a good deal on 2019 G4 Ride Command or the new G4 XP with the wider stance if I go with the general any thoughts?

4. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

I ditto what Ronnie said. Awesome machines. He and I have similar mods done and they perform excellent.

Nastcat likes this.
  5. rocksalot

rocksalot James Team SXS Nation

Side X Side(s):

Ranger 900
    Ace 570

XP gets my vote. Nice.

6. Upsjohn69

Upsjohn69 john SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2016 xp 1000

Hey have you checked out the xp pro ? The seats are made to be more comfortable for larger people .. tons of power ..just a thought..

7. Nastcat

Side X Side(s):

I have, the legroom is the issue, my left leg is not as comfortable in any of the Rzr’s as the General. The only one I have not sat in is the RS1 but a single seat defeats the purpose for my use.