1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

1st SxS purchase.

Discussion in 'Forum Help, Suggestions & Feedback' started by Brc676, Aug 21, 2020.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Brc676

Brc676 Brett SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

None

I am looking at a 6 seater UTV for my family. We will use it mainly for trail riding / family fun. I have been looking at the Polaris ranger and the Can am defender. I have always gone with Polaris for my sleds, but have heard their quality has gone down hill. What would you recommend? Thanks

2. Pede

Pede SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

Don't believe everything you read, if I had to venture a guess about 85% of the "quality" issues are self inflicted, then look at the numbers, way more units on the market then anyone else will make it appear to have more issues.

3. Brc676

Side X Side(s):

None

Thanks. I have always loved my Polaris sleds.

4. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron Moderator

Side X Side(s):

17 Polaris General
    13 Polaris Ranger

I have owned nothing but Polaris. As with everything you read about things that someone is unhappy with because they are unhappy and want to complain so they take the time to do just that! Untrue with those that are happy with things because the are enjoying it and don't have time to write about it. Don't get me wrong they all have there issues as with everything that is man made. When comes time to buy my next SXS I wont look at anything but Polaris!:cool:

5. Brc676

Side X Side(s):

None

Thanks Ron.

6. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

Look at both for ergonomics for you and your group. I think both are excellent machines and choices. I have had few issues with my Polaris machines. Haters gonna hate. :)

7. FloridaAl

FloridaAl Alec SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2013 Polaris Ranger 900XP; (2011 Browning Ranger 800EPS, SOLD; 2005 Ranger 500, SOLD; 2016 Mahindra mPact 750S, SOLD.)

I do my maintenance and have no issues that are the machine's fault. Had to replace a couple of axles over the years, a fuel pump once, belts, but to me that is routine stuff, not a manufacturing or QA issue. I'm very pleased with all the Polaris Rangers I've owned.

Seastacker likes this.
  8. YoroAdventures

YoroAdventures Robert SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

CFMoto 800EX

I am a Polaris guy, but I have a friend who needed a 6+ seater and bought a Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT and he loves it. He had to get it because he goes hunting a lot with a group of guys. I have another friend who owns a Ranger Crew XP 900 EPS and likes that one a lot as well. These are just large machines so it boils down to types of riding you do and cargo. Hopefully this helps.

9. MisterBean

MisterBean Mark SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris Ranger 1000XP Crew

First, I am by no reason an "expert" however, I do my research, ad nauseum. At work, we have used Can-Ams, Kawsawkis, Hondas & pretty much everything Polaris makes w/ 4 wheels (except that RZR 1). I work w/ dumb, young, inexperienced "adults" who drive it like they stole it, put jet fuel in the tanks, swap front w/ rear tires and all matters of shenanigans. Having said all that, when it came time to buy a personal SXS, we bought a Polaris Ranger 1000XP Crew. We added the roof & winch from Polaris, then added some lights, doors, etc. We use ours for skidding logs, hauling hay, hauling large dogs and grandsons across the ranch, trail riding w/ friends, etc. Look, sit, feel, drive and make your choice about what's best for you! Best wishes & hope you enjoy your ride!