1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

2011 800 Crew Starting Issues When Cold

Discussion in 'Ranger Nation' started by TfetIII, May 16, 2020.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. TfetIII

TfetIII Tom SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2011 Ranger 800 Crew

Greetings all! Am having an issue with my 800 crew that is about to drive me to drink. (and believe me, some days it is a VERY short trip...) When first trying to start it, it will turn over and sometimes almost catch. I can try again and again with the same results. However, if I let it sit for ~3-5 minutes, it will fire right up and will start perfectly the rest of the day. It doesn't seem to matter what the outside temperature is. I have checked all the wires, replaced the spark plugs, replaced the fuel pump, filter and regulator, adjusted the TPS, and replaced the oil pressure relief valve dowel with a SBC dowel. It has me pulling my hair out! After starting, it runs fine and no codes have been thrown. I have also checked the spray of the fuel injectors, and they both look normal.
    Anyone have any suggestions? I am starting to suspect a bad TMAP sensor, but the manual does not list a way to test it. Just says if it is suspect to replace. I have cleaned it but that doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Thanks!

Tom

2. Jungleman

Jungleman SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2007 Polaris Ranger 700XP LE

Tom, the 2011 800 has a history of bad TBAP/TPS wire harnesses . you may have codes or maybe not but I would check there first. Back in the day Polaris replaced them for free but it was with the same skimpy wire that it came with. OTB makes real ones.. Here is some interesting reading ..... OTB Powersports

rocksalot and Seastacker like this.