1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

2015 Odes Dominator X

Discussion in 'All Other Nations' started by Kbacpamn3, Jan 26, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Kbacpamn3

Kbacpamn3 Karl SXS Nation Rookie

Hi
    Looking at purchasing a used Odes 2015 Dominator. Any major things to check out before buying it? New to forum and what I've read so far has great information.
    Thanks!

Oldguy likes this.
  2. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Hi Karl, and welcome to the Nation!
    Appreciate you checking us out, and I hope you'll find the information you need here on your purchase. I am not too familiar with the Odes Dominator myself, but I'll send a shoutout here to some of the more knowledgeable folks in this section who will know more about it than I do-

Again, welcome to the forum, we hope you make this place your home, and don't forget to post up some pictures of whatever you decide to buy.!

@Chick
    @Oldguy
    @Raiderdad
    @jweese1
    @robmic67
    @Odes EH
    @commadorat
    @CampnMan
    @Loz
    @chickpea

robmic67 likes this.
  3. robmic67

robmic67 Robert SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2018 Odes Dominator X2 1000

Welcome

4. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

@robmic67

Hey Robert, I see you're running the same/similar model that Karl is looking into, Would you have any suggestions for things for him to look for/ look out for on the Dominator X?

Thanks!

5. jweese1

jweese1 Jack SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2015 Odes 800x Dominator

Hi Karl, I bought a 2015 Odes Dominator last Spring. It wouldn't shift very good but the guy assured me the linkage was out of adjustment. He lied. Check it to make sure it will shift the whole way through, park to low. The dealer wanted $1800 to put a new one in. I decided I would just use low and high until the tranny went the whole way out. Something happened inside or something but my grandson was driving it and the tranny started shifting as it should. Just be sure to check it out. That's my 2 cents worth. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

DieselFume and Seastacker like this.
  6. Oldguy

Oldguy Randy SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

Odes Dominator X LT

Hi Karl and welcome. I have a 17 Dominator X-2 800 and other than putting a stick thru a cv boot have had no issues. If you intend to use it as a work horse (plow) with a lot o winch time, I definately would add a battery tender. This year mine was out plowing in -27 deg. not a problem with the machine, snow was so wind driven that you could drive on it and not leave a mark. So with that in mind I didn't punish the machine and used tractor, there's only so much you can do. Where in MN are you? I'm near Alexandria

DieselFume likes this.
  7. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

@Oldguy
    Randy, What type of cab is on your machine? Can't tell from the pic if the upper part of the doors is open or plexiglass? Is that from Odes, or aftermarket?

8. Oldguy

Side X Side(s):

Odes Dominator X LT

It's an aftermarket, sxs stuff, completely enclosed. From dealer they're 650, got mine for less than 5. Rugged enclosures is the name on the bag. Can't remember where I ordered it from. The roof,half doors, and light bars are factory. The doors zip off and all the "windows" are clear heavy vinyl, makes a world of difference in the winter.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Seastacker and DieselFume like this.
  9. Equate22

Equate22 Ed SXS Nation Rookie

Hello Randy
    @Oldguy
    I'm looking into a used 2017 1000cc zeus x4. Wondering how many miles have you put on your sxs? Do you think 12000 is a good deal for it with 500 miles?

Oldguy likes this.
  10. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

@Equate22
    Welcome to the Nation Ed!

I'm not real up to date on the Odes, but hopefully Randy and some of the others here can get you a fair estimate on that model.

Have you tried looking up under the NADA guide values?

Oldguy likes this.
  11. Equate22

Yea I tried.

12. Oldguy

Side X Side(s):

Odes Dominator X LT

Welcome. I can't tell you how many actual miles I have on mine. I have the Zues systm and it only shows hours. The X4 being what it is, I dont think that's a bad price. Is it the LT (long travel)? I likely have around 100 miles on mine (trail) everything else is working, or on dirt roads. just turned 50 hours. Have the dealer do a service or show proof he just did. You'll enjoy the machine, they ride very well, plus , with adjustable shocks you can customise to a point. Keep the shiney side up and have fun.

DieselFume and Equate22 like this.
  13. Oldguy

Side X Side(s):

Odes Dominator X LT

Dieselfume, is there a chance a chat room could ever be added?

Equate22 likes this.
  14. Equate22

Yea it's the long travel I will be checking it out on Thursday. I like everything about what the odes has to offer. The only thing I'm worry about is the lifespan of the machine. There not much out there to back these machine up. Wish there was more reviews online especially on the newer machines.

Oldguy likes this.
  15. Oldguy

Side X Side(s):

Odes Dominator X LT

YES! Reviews would be helpful. If we all here at SXS Nation keep in contact, we would be better at forming an info pool. I haven't heard of any longevity issues, just the run of the mill things. I plow alot of snow with mine so I am using the winch alot, plus the 20 - 30 below weather, I added a battery tender, had a dead battery last year. Don't haul on an open trailer with the windshield in place, take the 4 screws out and put it in the back seat of the truck. Yeah, I know it's a pain, but a new one is 300 +. If the engine is too noisey, pick up a movers blanket and drape it over the "dog house", quiets it nicely, just don't let it rest on the catylitic converter. Also work for a picnic ground blanket.

16. Equate22

yea i heard the wrapping the exhaust pipe and adding some heat shields fixes the heat issue in the cab. but i would like the heat for the winter. If i do get the odes i will be getting the enclosure for sure.

Oldguy likes this.
  17. Equate22

the dealer has been trying to get me to buy the bms 700 ranch pony instead of the odes. the bms is 10000 new. but i really like the odes, he got me thinking cause he says that he hasn't gotten any problems with bms but he had some with the odes.

18. Oldguy

Side X Side(s):

Odes Dominator X LT

Go with the Odes, The 700 might be light on power. Funny thing is, it only gets warm in there in the summer, winter time....not a degree.

19. Curt

Curt Administrator

I’m liking all this Odes activity!

Oldguy and DieselFume like this.
  20. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

A chat room is something that has been discussed a bit between the Moderators and Admins here, but nothing decided yet. Main thing we do not want to do is take content away from the forums, and there is some fear that some of that could happen with introduction of a chat room... We're always open to new ideas opinions, so never be afraid to ask- The big chiefs here are @Dave @Curt @SxSNationDev if you ever want to PM them directly. Or you can always get in contact with one of us Mods.

Curt and Oldguy like this.