1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

2016 Honda Pioneer 1000 w/4500 miles -- good idea?

Discussion in 'Pioneer Nation' started by trzepka, Sep 17, 2020.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. trzepka

trzepka Toby SXS Nation Rookie

Hi, new member here. I'm new to UTVs and I've been told Hondas are super reliable and last a long time compared to some of the cheaper makes. I'm trying to decide on (for about the same price) a 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000 EPS with 4500 miles vs. a 2018 Kymco UXV 700i with 400 miles, vs. a 2018 CF Moto U800 with 300 miles. Obviously the Honda is a more powerful, better machine but should I be concerned with 4500 miles on the odometer rather than only a few hundred on the other two? This vehicle will be used for very short distance transport on very rugged terrain and some hauling and off-road trailering. So I don't see putting many thousands more miles on it, probably ever.

2. Mwaldo

Mwaldo Michael SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

Ranger 700 6x6 2006

Honda all the way

3. Pede

Pede SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

I think your better off with the name brand vs the others. Now with that said, a lot of the Honda guy's that say they are bullet proof are ones who had them years ago, me included but today you'll find they have problems just like everyone else.

4. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

I think I would lean Honda myself. Excellent machines in general. Better parts and service support as well.