1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Kawasaki 2017 Kawasaki Teryx

Discussion in 'Side X Side Videos' started by wgarcar1, Jul 6, 2016.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. wgarcar1

wgarcar1 ron SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

2018 polaris ranger 900 XP

2. mtimesplitter167

mtimesplitter167 Mike SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2012 ranger 800 xp le

Nice,I think i am going to be falling in with Justin @jmarco89 with the mule pro fx and unfortunately i only get to buy one. :(

jmarco89 likes this.
  3. wgarcar1

Side X Side(s):

i here that!

4. jmarco89

jmarco89 Justin SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2016 Mule ProFX EPS Black

Haha I take it your trip to the Kawasaki dealer the other day must have went pretty good

wgarcar1 likes this.
  5. mtimesplitter167

Side X Side(s):

2012 ranger 800 xp le

yes,I have been battling the voices in my head seance the 3 seat came out,BUY,DONT BUY,BUY.well you how that goes.

I told the dealer if i buy i have to have a new one. I can't buy the one i always test drive,its used.I probably have about 50 miles on it.

Justin can you give me any up date on how you liken yours.Likes,dislikes
    I know the first thing would do is new tires and wheels and lift.I sure like the way yours sets up.

6. wgarcar1

Side X Side(s):

You forgot the storage bucket under the seat lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

7. mtimesplitter167

Side X Side(s):

2012 ranger 800 xp le

Heck, that will be the wobble pop cooler [​IMG]

wgarcar1 likes this.
  8. jmarco89

Side X Side(s):

I love it. A little bit on my background. My grand parents and parents had nothing but Polaris stuff as I was growing up. So naturally I was drawn to it. I've actually got 2 sportsman 1k's which are awesome and I plan on keeping them. I had nothing but good things to say about Polaris and especially the ranger I had before the mule. Just a few things I didn't like which were on me not Polaris. I bought the midsize and shouldn't have. Knees hit the dash. Payload capacity and towing was not near enough for my needs. So I was left with a decision which most of y'all knew about. The 900 or the mule pro. I chose the mule because of kawasakis history on the mules. They just won't die. From the research I have done Kawasaki has been developing and designing these new ones since 2012 and they wanted to release something perfect that wouldn't have issues just like the older mules we all know. The standard 3 year warranty is great and to me really says something about how confident they are with these things. Everything feels very solid and well put together. Body panels line up perfectly. A arms axles differentials and driveline all seem very beefy compared to others. It's a 812cc motor which puts out about the same as my 570 midsize did. I can't tell much of a difference power wise. Now torque is a whole different story. I've towed once with the black one so far about 1800 pounds and I could barely tell the trailer was behind me. I feel like it could pull a house over. I really love everything about it. Only 2 things that really bother me is the lack of storage which is easily fixed under the seat and the fact that they are so new there isn't a whole bunch of aftermarket stuff out just yet. Other then that I am very happy with my decision so far to switch to "the dark side". I haven't been able to really run them around a ton. Just and hour here and there. I'm taking them to my place in south Texas at the end of this month and both of them will get a real work out. Multiple 1000 pound loads and a heat index of about 115 that weekend I will get a good feel of how they are going to do for me. Wheels are tires are a for sure for me. I've already had 2 flats on the stock tires. 28s will actually fit on the mules with no modification. Though I will probably run one anyways just to pick up the ground clearance. I know I'm missing a ton of stuff. If you think of anything paticular you want to know let me know

mtimesplitter167 likes this.
  9. jmarco89

Side X Side(s):

One more complaint which really isn't a big deal. The location of the rear wheels. Kawasaki could have moved everything back another inch or so and it would have been great. Also mud guards built into the wells front and rear are great. Parking brake on the dash is a huge plus for me too. I hated the park mode on my ranger. Just didn't trust it. All the electronics are in one spot under the hood high up so they are very easy to get to. Not sure about your 800 but most of mine were under the seat. I'm sure I'll think of more stuff haha

mtimesplitter167 likes this.
  10. wgarcar1

Side X Side(s):

Justin, suggestion:

i went to walmart and bought a very large (1'x2') zip-lock bags and doubled them.
    everything that could fit in the bucket is dry so far after rain, mud hole and power washing.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  11. mtimesplitter167

Side X Side(s):

2012 ranger 800 xp le

Thanks Justin.I am sure i will have more ?:D

jmarco89 likes this.
  12. WagZ

WagZ WagZ SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

2016 Teryx4 LE

Once you buy, ill welcome ya to the dark side.. LOL

13. ShawnS

ShawnS Shawn SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2015 rzr 1000 xp fox edition

Does anyone have any experience with a 2017 kawaski teryx LE 4 seater? It's my first side by side and want to know if they are worth a damn

14. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

Probably should have researched that before you bought it!