1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

2017 Ranger 900 Propshaft Replacement

Discussion in 'Ranger Nation' started by DieselFume, Apr 9, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

20190409_2.JPG

Doesn't fit-

Can't remove the propshaft without removing the steering rack, OR cutting the section of frame just under the propshaft in pic.---------------:mad: Video to come.

2. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

Man, that SUCKS! Thankfully that is a job I have not yet had to do. I have a feeling that if/ when I do, that mine will come out of the bottom. I had the skids off and there is great access from the bottom of the machine to both halves of the prop shaft and carrier bearing.

3. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

4. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron Moderator

Side X Side(s):

17 Polaris General
    13 Polaris Ranger

I have always stated the engineer's don't have to work on anything all that matters is it looks good on paper.

5. Curt

Curt Administrator

Thats a bummer......

6. Pede

Pede SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

Great, may have to trade before mine has to come out. See anyway to take it out the back??

7. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

No,

The narrow tunnel on the floorboard it goes through keeps the driveshaft from being manipulated to either side for removal. it has to come strait out of the front.

if your machine is older than 2017, it should have a U joint propshaft and not the CV style. you should be able to replace u joints in that one with something from the parts store like a P338.

Still, you might have to "massage" that front cross member area.

8. Pede

Pede SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

I just serviced mine last Sunday, all was good with the u-joints. I watched your video but my computer doesn't have sound. Manual is with you right up to the gas axe part, they do say if you can't get it clear of the trans to remove the bottom skid, looking forward to the day I need to due this....NOT!

DieselFume likes this.
  9. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

LOL. Mine cleared the transmission- Not sure if I removed the skid in the rear if that would have gained me the access I needed or not. Thinking that the front and rear were both hung up on cross members...... I do know the hot saw is faster and got less dirt in my eyes !

My dealer is cutting out the fronts too, so I'm thinking dropping the skid plate might have mixed success.