1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

2018 RZR High Lifter or Can-Am Maverick X3 or Can-Am Commander

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by kozzmo, Oct 4, 2017.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. kozzmo

kozzmo Ryan SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Polaris Diesel Crew Cab

Hi Y'all,

New to forum here. I am interested in buying a new SxS. For the life of me I am having the hardest time deciding. I will be using it for riding trails all over the place. Mud, Woods, and Dirt. No dunes. I am on the east coast and i have no interest in hauling a machine across country. Any help would be appreciated. At this point I'm kinda leaning toward the High Lifter.

2. Pitbull_1

Pitbull_1 SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2016 Polaris Ranger 570ms

Welcome to the nation! My suggestion would be to test drive them all and go from there. I'm biased towards the Polaris because I've owned them and been around them for years and known what they can do. Other areas to consider are specific features each offer that best suit what you want to do with the machine. And then there's always price. Take your time, do some research and if possible, go ride some with people you know who have these particular models.

kozzmo likes this.
  3. jmarco89

jmarco89 Justin SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2016 Mule ProFX EPS Black

Welcome aboard Ryan. I would suggest staying away from the commander. The commander is outdated. It's been the same for years and years. No updates. Honestly I would be very very surprised if can am continued it for the 2019 models. If it was me I would either go with the highlifter rzr and swap tires to a more trail friendly tire. Or go with the can am maverick. Both the regular maverick and x3 maverick are great machines. Hopefully guys with more experience with those can chime in. The other thing to look at would be the can am maverick XMR. That one will be very similar to the highlifter rzr

kozzmo likes this.
  4. Curt

Curt Administrator

If your considering the Commander I recommend looking at the General. I really like mine. As Pitbull suggested, it's a real good idea to drive them all. They are all great machines but one of them will fit you best.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  5. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron Team SXS Nation

Side X Side(s):

Polaris General
    Polaris Ranger

Welcome to the site kozzmo ! The high lifter is more suited for wet / mud conditions and if that is the majority of your riding then a good choice. As stated try and drive them all each has its own personality if you will and not so good points if you will. also look at what dealers are close to you so if you have a problem you can get serviced easy. And I agree with Curt you should look at the General a very nice very sporty ride! I would not trade mine for anything. get what suits you and add what will make it perfect for you!

kozzmo likes this.
  6. kozzmo

kozzmo Ryan SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Polaris Diesel Crew Cab

Thank you all for the feedback. The more I look into all of these the harder it gets. I understand it is a decision you can not make on looks alone...LOL cause just one guys opinion, that dang Can-Am X3 is HAWT!!!! The black one looks like the Bat Mobile. Still going to do more research. So far i have driven the Polaris 1000 and the Can-AM Commander. Both very nice rides. I really wish the X3 was a little more like them. But sadly I believe that it is more for y'all over on the West Coast. More for dune hopping and such places you can really open that bad boy up. But even still I am making the trek to Tennessee tomorrow to have a look at one and hopefully drive one.

Seastacker likes this.
  7. Ncred02

Ncred02 John SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2017 Can Am Commander 800 DPS

X3....If I had the funds , thats what I would have bought. Dang kids and their college. Thats why I did the 800, funds.
    Well not entirely. For me the biggest factor is use. How much use am I going to get outta it. I had diddly squat for mile on a 2.5 year old ride. I would have keep it if it was more comfortable and had more storage.
    I was behind an X3 on the trails this weekend and I had to wipe the drool with my sleeve.

Curt, Rockin Ronnie and Piston Honda like this.
  8. MARTY ELDRED

MARTY ELDRED Marty SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Can am x3rs and rzr1000xp

This x3 was my final decision and it's like a new girlfriend I can't stop thinking about her and where we are going next. [​IMG]

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Rockin Ronnie likes this.
  9. Curt

Curt Administrator

Thats a nice ride!!!

10. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron Team SXS Nation

Side X Side(s):

Polaris General
    Polaris Ranger

that is a very cool picture nice ride and location.

11. MARTY ELDRED

MARTY ELDRED Marty SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Can am x3rs and rzr1000xp

Thanks Silverton Colorado the fun part after a new sxs is the accessories

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk