1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

2019 Honda trade.

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by Wildbill3406, Oct 1, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Wildbill3406

Wildbill3406 Brandon SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2019 900 xp Ranger

So I posted on here awhile back about a 2019 900 ranger with a dusted motor due to no filter. Dealer fixed it but I'm looking at trading it off on a new 2019 Honda Pioneer 1000.

What's some pros and cons about the Pioneer?

2. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

From what I have read, the Honda wont be as fast as the Ranger and no box to haul stuff. Lower weight and tow rating on the Honda. Mechanical transmission can be costly to repair. Honda will need fewer repairs as long as the tranny holds up. Just my two cents worth, looked at the 500's and they were kinda pitifull in my opinion

3. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron Moderator

Side X Side(s):

17 Polaris General
    13 Polaris Ranger

I have never driven one or even seen one that I can remember. Go drive one. Sometimes a simple drive will make or break a machine !

4. rocksalot

rocksalot James Team SXS Nation

Side X Side(s):

Ranger 900
    Ace 570

The Pioneer jerks when it shifts, up and down. Some of them have gear whine. You have to mechanically shift into 4WD and then shift again to mechanically lock the front differential. They are hard to steer with the front locked in. That shifting is done by cables that get out of adjustment. Steam fills the cab when you go through water holes in cold weather. The optional cab and door system is 10 year old technology that doesn't seal up properly. You might need to seal it up to keep heat from the motor out of the cab. Sometimes they get water into the air intake under the hood and that ends up in the motor and transmission and Honda won't warrantee it so keep insurance to buy you another new one if that happens.
    They seem to have gotten the problem with the clutches burning up taken care of. They have plenty of power. The 4WD system locks in like a truck or Jeep system and some people like that better.
    Best thing is to personally check them out yourself to see if you like them.