1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

2019 Polaris Ranger Crew XP 1000

Discussion in 'Ranger Nation' started by Triggamane, Aug 19, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Triggamane

Triggamane Trigg SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Hello All,
    Got The Ranger a little over a week ago and wanted to come on here and share my thoughts. First off this thing is a blast! I cruise around almost daily around town and lover every second of it. I find myself looking for things to do around the yard to use it more often. The xp 1000 has loads of power and the suspension is nice and plush. I want to make a list of pros and cons as well as a wish list of accessories I have in mind.

Pros
    1. Comfortable
    2. Power
    3. Quiet
    4. Smooth handling
    5. lots of room for passengers, as well as plenty of room for storage and payload.

Cons

1. Clutch is super jumpy. I do not like the stock clutch whats so ever and really don't understand how Polaris can sell it in its stock form.
    2. The front end differential noise
    3. Price for this kind of money how on earth do they not include at least a roof. The Polaris accessories get away with robbery when it comes to the prices of their accessories. Coming from Harley I am used to this and I knew before purchasing that this was the case, I still have a hard time finding the right brands and such for the accessories as I fell that there is a underground knowledge of good places to get things. The old google search I feel can be hit or miss on getting the right product. Exp. Polaris Roof $549.00 for a plastic roof- I know there has to be some companies that offer close or superior roofs for the crews at a less price or around the same price.

Wish list
    1. Roof
    2. Windshield
    3. Gilomen Innovations cluthc kit and ECU tune
    4. Stereo
    5. Lights Lights Lights
    6. Plow

2. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron Moderator

Side X Side(s):

17 Polaris General
    13 Polaris Ranger

Glad you like your new ride! Yes for the money you pay you would think they would at least all have roofs! The windshield will be your best install after the roof to me makes the ride way better! I just do the google thing and check a lot of places to find the deal i'm happy with. there are a lot more places making thing for them then there was just a few years ago.

3. Triggamane

Side X Side(s):

Ronnie, yes I love the new toy. The roof and windshield are the first and most important mods but to be honest the one I'm most looking forward to in the ECU tune and clutch kit from Gilomen Innovations. From the videos I've watched it looks like the ranger could keep up with the General 4 I was originally looking at.

4. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

I noticed plow was last on the list....of course, it is 90 deg and great sumner weather! I just wonder where the plow will be listed when it is O outside and two feet of snow on the ground? You might realize that plow kits are easier to install when it is 80 than when it becomes 0 outside...LOL. just a thought....

5. Triggamane

Side X Side(s):

that is a very good point! Truth is with a baby on the way I have to put certain mods in front of others. Luckily my brother in law owns a snow removal company here in town and usually takes care of me. My plan is to eventually get a plow and do some contract work for him for some side money.

Seastacker likes this.
  6. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

Yep....kids over ride just about everything! Been there, done that, mine are all on their own so now it is our time!

Triggamane likes this.
  7. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

Hear that 100%. I managed a build last winter, but with the kiddos it was dicey. I have a 3.5 and 1 year old. They were the whole reason for the 4 seat build. The 3.5 year old is close to coming out for some longer rides. She has 1-2 hours in her now, but seems to like it.

Triggamane likes this.
  8. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron Moderator

Side X Side(s):

17 Polaris General
    13 Polaris Ranger

Thought the same thing so wife and I got the G2 well now the Grand kids come into picture. Now G4 may be in the future!

Triggamane and Seastacker like this.