1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

2020 Kawasaki KRX----Finally a Kaw Sport Machine!

Discussion in 'Teryx Nation' started by Seastacker, Oct 15, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

Looks good to me. Sort of has a RZR/ XX look with a Kawasaki flare.

Kawasaki Teryx | Side x Side | Your World. Your Adventure.

1000cc twin. No HP numbers listed, but I have heard 112-ish. Clearly wont compete with the turbo tier of machines, but should hold its own in the 1000cc naturally aspirated arena. Looks to be a little on the heavy side at nearly 1900#, but if that means beefy durable components, I think I may take that extra weight. Cant wait to see some out on the trails and get some longer term feedback on them! Exciting stuff!

upload_2019-10-15_15-20-43.png

Rockin Ronnie likes this.
  2. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron Moderator

Side X Side(s):

17 Polaris General
    13 Polaris Ranger

With more and more getting into the market it can only help bring the prices if were lucky!

Seastacker likes this.
  3. RWB713

RWB713 Richard SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2018 Polaris RZR XPT4

KRX has my interest peaked, looks like a well built, solid, machine. The XP1k has fallen behind in the 1000 market, so it's not much of a comparison, this machine, and the Talon, are the new era of NA 1k models.

4. rocksalot

rocksalot James Team SXS Nation

Side X Side(s):

Ranger 900
    Ace 570

I really like the KRX, and the Talon is okay but probably not for me, and the KRX and talon might be the new era, but the KRX is 9 inches longer and 4 inches wider and 400-500 pounds heavier than the 6 YO XP1K. The XP1K might be an old design but the new Japanese sporties loosely copied it and are just newer basic renovations of it except for the drive train. But when you have a basic design that works well there aren't a lot of options to be different and still have a competitive design and they have seen the Popo in action for a lot of years and have found ways to improve the overall package.
    The old XP1K is long in the tooth but IMO they are still very competitive for the average user and in my area we can buy them for around $15,000. The acceleration and top speed is probably better than the KRX and the ride is great on our local trails and they perform great too, and the size is good. Still a good combo IMO. If they would put the RS1 drive train and beefiness in the basic XP1K that would make it and even better trail rig.
    But it is great to see these new vehicles in the market. Every time I trade up I look at all the competitors and check them out in depth but so far I have always ended up buying another Polaris and so far I haven't been sorry. If the KRX was comparable in size to the XP1K and had a buying price that was within reason it would very likely be at the top of my list for desirability for our narrow twisty trails. But since I am an old rock crawler at heart and the extra size is an asset there I set that promo picture of the two KRX's on the rocks as the background on my computer. The KRX is a really tough looking SXS.
    I would not be surprised if the KRX turns out to be the best over all combination of capability and reliability and overall desirability in the present non turbo sporty SXS market.

Seastacker likes this.