1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

450i low ground clearance.

Discussion in 'Kymco Nation' started by Dan 1265, Jan 19, 2020.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Dan 1265

Dan 1265 Dan SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i

I have had my 450i for 2 hunting seasons now and I am very impressed. I tore out the rear plastic skid plate so I decided to try the different shock mounts and give it more clearance. It did but the sway bar won't clear the shock now. I have drove it around and don't really see any problem with not having the sway bar. I have a thought about how to lengthen the sway bar so I can reinstall it. I was going to cut it in the middle and add a pice of pipe to get the clearance I need then weld it. I will repost after I do this. But the shock placement gave me at least 2 inches more clearance. When I wear the stock tires out I may go a little taller and give it even
    more.

2. rocksalot

rocksalot James Team SXS Nation

Side X Side(s):

Ranger 900
    Ace 570

Lots of people remove the sway bar on Rangers, me included. Rides and articulates much better. I don't carry heavy loads or go fast so it isn't needed.
    You might try it a few miles and see how it does.

3. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

I removed my bar on my 450i last summer for the added clearance . So far no issues, from others I have spoken to, there have been no issues. By moving the shocks out and then being able to lower the spring made for a much better ride. Having the springs up tight made for a bouncy ride over the woops. I dont ride at race speeds but for the trail riding I do, I like the ride better. I gained about one and one half inches in height after softening the springs and enjoy the ride much better.

4. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

Forgot to add... ( I can do that at my age)..from my research you can go up to 26" tires without a problem, but going over that really effects the gearing on the 450i. We get a lot of performance out of that little engine but going bigger than 26" does really kill things. When my stockers wear out I will make the move to 26" as well.