1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

50" UTV vs 2up ATV for really big guy?

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by AK4900PA, Aug 7, 2018.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. AK4900PA

AK4900PA Caulder SXS Nation Rookie

Starting to do some research into buying some sort of off road vehicle. Primary applications will be for hunting and casual trail riding with my son. One of the closest trails to me which I will likely spend the majority of my time on has a 50" limit and I'd like to keep it at or below $10k so I started off looking at the Pioneer 500, RZR 570, Wildcat Trail and Maverick Trail. I haven't been to a dealership yet, but from watching video reviews I'm somewhat concerned how well I will fit in these machines at 6'7", 330lb. Can I comfortably spend the day in one of these smaller machines or would I be better served with a dedicated 2up ATV like the Outlander Max, Sportsman Touring or Alterra TRV?

2. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 Polaris Ranger 500 EFI Mid-Size

Man. I almost always tell people to go sxs and they will never look back. BUT.. with your dimensions and being limited to a 50” machine, I don’t know that it will work. I would say go sit in a few for sure, but I think you may find a day of riding a bit tight in the 50” machines. I really do hope you find one that works!

3. Rumplestiltskin

Rumplestiltskin Rumplestiltskin SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2018 Pearl Orange Honda Pioneer 700-4

I am 6'2" 245 lbs. I just bought a 2018 Honda Pioneer 700 4 seater. I don't think I could have gone any smaller..... Unfortunately, with your size, I don't think you'll be too comfortable in ANY stock side x side. Perhaps visit some custom hot rod building type places, and ask them if it's possible - and what it would cost - to "modify" one for a better fit ??? ... perhaps buy a used one to justify the extra expense??