1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

64" vs 72". Old mining trails - Avg width?

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by DesertMoose, Oct 5, 2020.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. DesertMoose

DesertMoose Mick SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

N/A

We travel the southwest where much of that travel is over very old mining trails. Often these trails are 100+ years old.

I've never taken the time to measure what the average width of those trails are and now wondering what is my best option for a side by side, 64" or 72"

I've read countless posts and articles, pro's and con's and I know the good and the bad about width etc so my question is not about. What I'm posting for is to hear from those who use these kinds of trails.

2. DesertMoose

DesertMoose Mick SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

N/A

Should I be posting this in some other group or category?

3. RetiredGuy

RetiredGuy Michael SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2020 Bennche X4 1000cc SxS

Hi Desert Moose, I just moved from Arizona to Idaho. Did alot of riding in desert washes/trails and forest trails above the rim. Have a 2020 Bennch/Odes. UTV | Bennche X4 1000 Side By Side UTV | Utility Vehicles
    Go see Brent independent owner of PBO POWERSPORTS in Phoenix
    3850 E. Roeser Rd
    Phoenix , AZ 85040
    602-828-1885
    Wealth of knowledge, great guy, no hard selling. He put me in my Dominator X4-1000 and love the machine!
    All my ATV buddies I ride with couldn't believe my UTV went everywhere their ATV's went. After driving my UTV some are now making the switch to the UTV side x side.
    Good luck and happy trails
    Michael

Attached Files:

DesertMoose likes this.