1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

88 Mule 1000 Fuel Tank

Discussion in 'Mule Nation' started by Trevor, Jun 19, 2020.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Tags:
  1. Trevor

Trevor Trevor SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

1988 Kawasaki Mule 1000

Recently bought a 1988 Mule that is not running and looking to get it running. First step is finding a fuel tank. Can't seem to find any online for this model. I have called around to some local plastic fabrication places to try and have one made and am not having any luck. The thought crossed my mind to order a plastic fuel tank that is meant for something else and fabricate it to fit/work myself. If anyone has done this before and has some advice it would be appreciated. The original steel gas tank is plum full of rust on the inside so I don't want to even try to use it.

2. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

If the tank is still solid, they do make a coating for the inside that will seal the inside of the tank and stop future rust. Lots of motorcycle guys swear by the tank coat material.

3. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4