1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Alba belt cooling system

Discussion in '1000: S, XP, & Highlifter, 2 & 4 seat' started by Old hippie, Jan 4, 2018.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Old hippie

Old hippie SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2014 1000xp

Has anyone used the alba belt cooling system on rzr 1000, does it work and is it worth the money?

2. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 Polaris Ranger 500 EFI Mid-Size

I have seen a few folks with the Alba belt temp gauge, but not the actual cooling kit. The kit looks like a fancy boat bilge blower set up with a nice on/ off fan feature. Heat definitely kills belts, but I guess I would probably not go this route unless I knew that I had an issue with heat to begin with. I would imagine folks that ride a lot of sand dunes would benefit the most from this. Certainly looks to be worth a shot if you have a belt heat issue for sure!

3. Old hippie

Side X Side(s):

2014 1000xp

Yeah I haven't had alot of problems with mine but my boy has had alot of problems
    . We ride about 80 % dunes, he loses on average 1 belt a weekend.

4. Watchdog

Watchdog Jeff SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2016 Polaris Ranger 570 Midsize

Good Morning Old Hippie:

I'm not familiar withe the Alba system, but I can steer you in the direction of a inexpensive alternative.

This past summer I snorkelled my Ranger. My belt case was getting so hot as a result, the outer cover was expanding and letting water in. I spoke to my Polaris dealer (one of the best according to what I've read about dealers) and he let me talk with one of their techs, which isn't unusual either. The tech explained the overheating issue and showed me the solution on a RZR 1000 he was working on. The RZR owner bought a 4" bilge fan from Amazon for $35 and installed it inline in the intake tube and connected it to a switch on the dash.

It is pushing fresh air through the belt case. I have read that some prefer to mount the fan on the exhaust tube, but the intake appeared to be a very easy location to mount it inline. It was connected use rubber plumbing fittings, the kind with the stainless hose clamps at each end.

Since my system is smaller than the RZR, I bought a 3" bilge fan from Amazon, two rubber plumbing couplers at a building supply store and wired it to a switch on the dash. It makes a tremendous difference! When I'm out on technical trails or towing someone, the air coming out of the belt housing exhaust tube feels like a hair dryer and as secondary benefit, I find my engine is running cooler because all that heat isn't being trapped in the belt housing.

As you might expect, the fan does make some noise, but when you're moving you can't really hear it and where it would be mounted on your RZR, I doubt you would hear it at all.

In total, I spent $65 CDN to solve my problem.

I hope this helps.

Jeff

Curt and DieselFume like this.
  5. Old hippie

Side X Side(s):

2014 1000xp

Thanks for the information,that sounds like a great cheaper solution.

6. RZRmuddawg

RZRmuddawg steve SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

17 xp1000 turbo 4

several youtube vids on this very thing

Curt likes this.
  7. kscfire

kscfire Paul Event Coordinator

Side X Side(s):

2017 Polaris General Ride Command Edition

Curt likes this.
  8. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

17 Polaris General
    13 Polaris Ranger

I installed a bilge fan into a friends artic cat 1000 as a cheaper option and it stopped his belt fail's Moves a lot of air and cheaper!

9. Jaybey

Jaybey Joe SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

2015 Polaris Ranger XP EPS 900

I am considering doing something like this but I want to put the fan on the air intake side. Has anyone tried this and if so do you have any pictures and advice for install on a 2015 Polaris Ranger 900 XP?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  10. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

17 Polaris General
    13 Polaris Ranger

That's were I put the fan on the artic cat was the intake side blowing into the belt housing!

11. Jaybey

Jaybey Joe SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

2015 Polaris Ranger XP EPS 900

I broke down yesterday and ordered a plug and play unit. This way I don't need to fight with trying to rig something that may work.
    MTNTK PERFORMANCE 10055 BLOW HOLE POLARIS RGR 900/1000.
    [​IMG]

Rockin Ronnie and kscfire like this.