1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone know anything about mahindra’s xtv mPact 1000 diesels ?

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by Clint, Dec 20, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Clint

Clint Clint SXS Nation Rookie

Looking at buying one of these. Cannot find a lot of reviews. top speed for these 35 mph I understand.
    I’d like to know more about power , incline capabilities , General problems and some positives.

2. FloridaAl

FloridaAl Alec SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2013 Polaris Ranger 900XP; (2011 Browning Ranger 800EPS, SOLD; 2005 Ranger 500, SOLD; 2016 Mahindra mPact 750S, SOLD.)

I know nothing about the diesel version but have owned the gasoline version. It has a great, hydraulic dump bed, rides very comfortable and has generous sitting space. At least the gas version is air cooled, which was unusual for me but I never encountered an overheat issue. (The air cooled part may have been just me, I'm generally in woods or timberland and not going fast, leading me to wonder about heat dissipation.) It is a great farm vehicle.
    But after two Rangers it wasn't what I wanted as far as rougher country ability. Huge suspension difference in my opinion. It is, I believe, very much a pasture type vehicle. I sold it after just a few months and went back to Rangers. The gentleman I sold it to was a cattle rancher and he was thrilled.

3. Clint

Clint Clint SXS Nation Rookie

Thanks for Info. Looked at some gassers yesterday , liquid cooled. Over 80hp and top speed 62. But the engine was some odd name Chinese manufacturer. the diesel However has a Kohler engine liquid cooled. 35 mph tops but I have heard of other top manufacturers of diesels having power issues. She is a 3 seater which is something Kubota does not offer.

The Kubota sidekicks are gas , Subaru engine , top speed around 45. But Their diesels have a top speed of around 25. But have a hydraulic dump bed. Gassers do not.
    I saw a video of the gas and diesels hooked up. The gas pulled the diesel across parking lot.
    NOBODY WOULD HAVE GUESSED THAT
    Kubota has two year warranty. Most others have 1 year.
    Mahindra has 3 year power train, 1 year everything else.

No offense on Polaris , but there is a top seller of Polaris here in Tn. He has stated that Polaris service department is his bread and butter. They are always having to repair something.
    Also the company(Polaris )is not honoring the warranty and essentially screwing the customers.
    Interesting stuff

as far as the purpose of whatever I buy , mainly pasture work. Hauling
    Not trail riding but if I need to scoot and go I don’t need to worry about inclines etc.

but your info def helps. There’s not many reviews out there on them.

4. FloridaAl

FloridaAl Alec SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2013 Polaris Ranger 900XP; (2011 Browning Ranger 800EPS, SOLD; 2005 Ranger 500, SOLD; 2016 Mahindra mPact 750S, SOLD.)

Glad the Mahindra info was at least some help.
    I've read about guys having maintenance issues with Polaris but I've never run into serious issues. Only time I ever had to take it to the dealer was when the starter would spin the engine but NO fire, at all. Shop foreman walked out and showed me a connection under the seat that had come apart. Didn't even charge me. Since I've never bought one new I have no Polaris warranty experience.
    We do grease regularly (17 zerk fittings on the 900) and change all the fluids annually, which also is +/- 100 hours in our case. I go thru the maintenance list of where to lube, spray, clean, etc. We've changed the belts when needed and cleaned the clutches when we change belts. Replace plugs, air filters, blow out radiator fins with air and such. Ours get run pretty hard thru heavy Florida growth, rough forests and wet areas in Georgia near the Okefenokee Swamp, but with decent maintenance we have avoided any real issues. Leads me to believe maybe a large percentage of the problems guys are having might be related to deferred or no maintenance.
    But if most of your action will be pasture work and/or farm hauling, then the comfort, hydraulic dump ability and towing capacity might tilt things toward the Mahindra.
    All the best in whatever you choose.

5. Pede

Pede SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

Clint, just something to ponder; when Polaris outsells there 6 nearest competitors combined their will be more units to work on it's simple math, a company that warranties 1 in 50 units is not to bad when they sell 10,000 but what of the company that sells 130,000 units. I always tell a guy looking, find something you like and fits your riding style and comfort level, then find a good dealer, that is harder then you may think but sooner or later you will need his help.