1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Bad CV Boot

Discussion in 'Odes Nation' started by jweese1, Nov 5, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. jweese1

jweese1 Jack SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2015 Odes 800x Dominator

I have a bad cv boot on my 2015 Odes Dominator 800 5-seater. Can anyone give me any tips ? Are all these boots the same or do I have to go through Odes? I have changed a couple on my 2004 Polaris quad, Is it similar? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Oldguy

Oldguy Randy SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

Odes Dominator X LT

I had a boot rip on my 17 Dominator X-2, guy replaced it with a can-am outlander boot. had to google removal, not sure if polaris is the same method or not

3. jweese1

Side X Side(s):

2015 Odes 800x Dominator

I haven't torn into it yet, I wanted to have the boot in hand before I started. I think they are all similar as near as I can tell. Thanks Oldguy.

4. jweese1

Side X Side(s):

2015 Odes 800x Dominator

She's back together! Pretty simple and is similar to the quad. As far as boots go, try MotorcycleDoctor.com the salesman was very helpful and told me they used to be an Odes dealer and still carry some parts. as far as boots go, they carry a boot that one size fits all. I was skeptical but I ordered 2 to replace both boots while I had it apart. They worked perfectly. He also told me that they have a kit that allows you to cone the boot on the axle without taking the CV joint apart. Hope this helps someone.