1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Bed Lift Support

Discussion in 'Full Size: 700, 800, 2009-2014 Model Years' started by Jaybey, Jun 22, 2016.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Jaybey

Jaybey Joe SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2015 Polaris Ranger XP EPS 900

Does anyone have the Polaris Ranger Cargo Box Lift on their 2013 to 2016 Polaris Ranger XP? If you do, I would like to discuss dimensions of the lift if possible. "Shock, Box, Dump # 7044143 is the OEM part number. The Polaris part number for what this is POL_2879199 and it is called a Cargo Box Lift. Please PM me. Thanks for the help in advance.

[​IMG]

2. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

That looks interesting! Sorry to say I don't have one on any of ours, so I won't be of much help to you! good luck!

3. Pede

Pede SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

It's just a linear actuator motor, sell them all over, and no I don't have one either, buddy of mine has lifts on all three of his JD Gators but I believe 1 is hydraulic the others are motors like this.

4. mtimesplitter167

mtimesplitter167 Mike SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2012 ranger 800 xp le

The polaris one is a oddball size.I dug this up,15" down and 19.75 up. it is a 4.75" stroke.

@Toxic-21 had some input on the thread on the other forum.I dont know if we can post a link to the other forum.

How bout it Mods.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  5. Richard Davidson

Richard Davidson RD Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2009 Arctic Cat Prowler 700 XTX

The Arctic Cat unit is hydraulic. Hard to find a 12 Volt unit with enough grunt behind it I bet!

6. Pede

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

Northern has one close, 1000lbs lift for $300, I didn't look close but might make it work, otherwise look at Granger, MSC or McMaster Carr.

7. Jaybey

Side X Side(s):

The problem with Polaris 900 XP is usable space without doing modification. The distance of the OEM piston lift closed is 11.5 inches and 16.5 or 17 inches fully lifted depending on if you have a bumper hitting the tires. Obviously there is limited space on the bottom for the whole foot print about 2.5 x 6 inches. There is a possibility if push comes to shove to relocate the bottom mounting bracket lightly lower, I hesitate to weld on the frame of the Ranger.

8. mtimesplitter167

mtimesplitter167 Mike SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2012 ranger 800 xp le

From what the other post said,you have to move your shocks to the outer mount and watch how much load in have in the bed.They will bend the frame at the bottom mounting point.

9. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

@Jaybey

What did you ever end up figuring out for a lift?

10. Pede

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

I'd like to know also, I'm going to have to do something. First thing I don't like is the cheesy tabs that hold the box down plus the fact with my sprayer in it takes 2 people to check the motor oil. I've done a lot of looking and I know if I had one to look at could find a cheaper alterative, the 11.5 closed limits what will fit and I'd be willing to bet that with the oem actuator it doesn't lift the box as far, really need to know the stroke. I did find some neat marine actuators, they have the lifting mechanism within the cylinder but lift capacity was not enough.

11. Jaybey

Side X Side(s):

Pede, Unfortunately, I eventually gave up the idea of a lift support due to cost. The only way i could get what was needed was to have it custom made EXPENSIVE. I was able to aleviate the heavy lift by relocating my tool box to a side mount with the weight more evenly distributed towards to rear and the spare tire mounted farther forward. I don't think that will work with yours. Sorry.

12. Pede

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

My last resort is the $500 that my dealer quoted.

13. Jaybey

Side X Side(s):

Check out Ball Equipment or FixMyToys.com

14. Pede

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

I'm ok with the price from my dealer, it retails for $599.

15. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

Somebody builds that actuator for polaris... so it's out there somewhere. There's gotta be something that would work from Northern Tool or someone like that?

If nothing else, you could get one with a little shorter stroke, and fab up another mounting point higher up?

Fswan likes this.
  16. Pede

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

Adam your right, someone else makes this. My next problem is with the 2016, it's a bit different and mounted off center and couldn't find one for it but my dealer did get a part number,(2882291)not sure when they changed but the older ones are all the same. Closest I've found so far is still $300+ and just don't know if I want to take a chance for that kind of money.

DieselFume likes this.
  17. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

Larry-

If you could find one with just a marginally shorter stroke, maybe only an inch or so less. use the stock mounting points and then just used a sleeve or bushing to slip over the cylinder to act as a "stop" when the bed hits bottom?

Only issue I can see with that would be a limited lift height from the shorter stroke.

as you said though, it's a risk when the non dealer brand stuff is 2/3rds of a part you KNOW will fit.

18. Jaybey

Side X Side(s):

That sir is the exact reason I stopped looking. The other thing for your operation if you get the popo lift and have them install it it may be covered under the warranty?

19. Mason_tay

Mason_tay Mason SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

2013 ranger xp900

This is what I was going to recommend.