1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Belt Idler Bearing

Discussion in 'Intimidator Nation' started by JaggedEdge89, Apr 22, 2020.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. JaggedEdge89

JaggedEdge89 Dakota SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2014 Intimidator 1000 crew

I have a 2014 Intimidator 1000 diesel crew. Doing some maintenance and have found this belt idler bearing is completely toast, nothing left but the inner race. PO has done some work inside the cvt cover so no pieces were found. This bearing is completely stumping me. Ive tried contacting my local parts dealer for intimidator and theyve come up with nothing so far. Is this bearing replaceable or do you have to buy a whole new clutch assembly? Id really rather not spend 3-500 dollars when all thats bad is the idler bearing.

2. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

Hopefully someone who ones one may be able to chime in with more info. I looked at the intimidator parts manual and they don't seem to break the CVT down at all in terms of service parts
    If its anything like a Polaris Clutch, it is a replaceable part. BUT...to replace it you typically need to buy or make some special tools to both hold the clutch and remove the spider (Which is torqued to 250+ lbft).

upload_2020-4-22_16-56-25.png

It appears to be part: 770-1002-00

It looks to be about $350 new. Also, looking at the picture, it does appear different than a Polaris clutch that I am more familiar with.

Intimidator | Mahindra Diesel Primary CVT Clutch (OEM) For Sale – Trailsport Motors

upload_2020-4-22_16-59-24.png

3. JaggedEdge89

JaggedEdge89 Dakota SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2014 Intimidator 1000 crew

Yah I've broken it down a few times but it seems impossible to get individual parts. I don't like buying parts I don't need.

4. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

I was thinking about this last night. That appears to be a Kohler diesel. I wonder if you could look at bit at Kohler parts resources to see if that is their clutch and if they break it down more. Just a thought.

Also...I agree. I would rather not spend $350 on a complete new part if I can fix it for a fraction of that.