1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Best Bang For Buck on Used SXS

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by jp60, Aug 14, 2016.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. jp60

jp60 jeff SXS Nation Regular

182 hours

Jungleman and DieselFume like this.
  2. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Wow, what a find! should serve you for a good long time!

3. jp60

I sure hope so now I need to find a 72" plow

4. jp60

Just installed a 3000lb superwinch and a 72" eagle plow today so bring on the snow

5. Richard Davidson

Richard Davidson RD SXS Nation Insanity

Side X Side(s):

2009 Arctic Cat Prowler 700 XTX

Good find on your UTV! I've had my Eagle plow for over 4 years! Never had any problems!

6. Pede

Pede SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

Kinda fizzled out here but they say more today, I'm right on the 1/3-2/6 line, better go do the church they get a little snippy if they have to walk through any snow.

7. jp60

Once I figure it out I will post a picture but now I am wanting to put new tires on it. The machine has 25" tires on it but from what I can find it came with 26" tires from factory, any good suggestion for tires for road use with a plow

8. Conquistador73

Conquistador73 Team SXS Nation

Congrats but what's this snow thing you talk about???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Jeff- There's lots of choices out there.!

26s will fit best, some have gotten 27s or larger to fit, but on my old 06 and 07 I had rubbing issues at times with the 26s when the front bottomed out, so I wouldn't go bigger than that.

Are you going to do any trail riding? or just paved/ gravel roads? Gonna see any mud? or just some snow in the winter?

10. Pede

Pede SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

I'm having good luck with these, Maxxis Cerios and most of what I do is high speed paved with an occasional mud hole, in snow I have not been.

max_10_tir_cer_atv_fro.jpg

11. jmarco89

jmarco89 Justin SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2016 Mule ProFX EPS Black

The mule pros come with these tires but the duro brand. Not maxxis. If you go with these go with the maxxis. Don't buy the duros. They have been horrible. Flats non stop and they don't hold up at all. I can't wait to get rid of them

12. jp60

Most of my riding will be pavement for snow removal put I do Own some land that I am sure my ranger will see some dirt

13. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

Just installed a set of GBC Dirt Tamers today. I really like that tire. Cheap, tough, smooth riding. I have now officially gotten rid of every radial tire operating on one of our side by sides. They're just not tough enough!

Only Radial left I'd like to run is the Kanati Mongrel. Which actually, would be very good for the kind of use you're talking about Jeff. Should grip good on the street/roads while giving you some good snow traction.. Built like a miniature off road truck tire.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Pede

Pede SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

When you start asking about tires, answers will be all over the board and I haven't been in the utv market all that long I have learned a few things; if you look at non-dot tires they really have no supervision for the lack of a better term and although they "may" be true in ply ratings, material and compounds very greatly and details are hard to come by. DOT tires have to conform to government guidelines, which may or may not be a good thing but you should know what your buying. Just for the record, mine are non-dot and are generally cheaper.

DieselFume likes this.
  15. john goldsberry

john goldsberry john SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2007 polaris ranger 700efi

I'm new on here, but I purchased a 2007 ranger 700xp from a farmer who put fertillizer in the bed and left it. I had to replace sub frame, rear a arms, all bushings, all bearings, all breaks, axles, and fluids. I got it for 2250.00 and have around 4 in it now. I want to make it run better and do some clutch work. I added a power commander pc3 to see if it will help its mixture issues from the factory. I have an api kit in the way for springs and weights, and a new gates belt. I added a bilge blower to pull fresh air across/through the clutch housing to help cool the belt. I still need to replace the ball joints and put on a new set of rack and pinion boots. Any ideas of things that will make it run better and last would be greatly appreciated

16. wgarcar1

wgarcar1 ron SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

2018 polaris ranger 900 XP

I switched to 26" pro armor harvester for the dry season (winter) here in Florida, I'll put the the mudlights back on in June. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk