1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Best exhaust for Viking?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mustplumb, Dec 19, 2017.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Mustplumb

Mustplumb Sonny SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

Yamaha Viking

I want a deep toned exhaust for my Viking. Any recommendations?

2. moog63

moog63 B SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Yamaha Viking

I'm running the HMF. I like it much better than the stock. When I changed the exhaust I also added a tuner. If you change you will most likely need to add a tuner too. The tuner helps keep the engine and exhaust temps down. I haven't done anything with the intake yet and I'm undecided as to whether I will.

3. Mustplumb

Side X Side(s):

Yamaha Viking

Thanks for the info. I’ll check it out.

4. Mustplumb

Side X Side(s):

Yamaha Viking

After talking with the parts guy and service technicians at my dealer, I have decided to go with a clutch kit to get more bottom end power from my lethargic 700. I was also advised that a muffler and computer commander would probably be a no-no for my extended warranty. I still don’t like the sound, but at least I’ll have more seat of the pants power.

DieselFume likes this.
  5. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 Polaris Ranger 500 EFI Mid-Size

A good clutch set up is almost always the best bang for your buck on a CVT driven machine. Especially true when you add bigger/ heavier tires, but improvements can be huge even on a stock machine.

Rockin Ronnie likes this.
  6. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Will they even be able to know if there's a tuner on there? Is the tuner just like a programmer or is it a complete computer re-flash?

I'd think if it was just a tuner you could pull it off before it went in for service and be ok...

I can't figure out for the life of me why a muffler would void anything, but every dealer is different! and you definitely want them on your side.

7. Mustplumb

Side X Side(s):

Yamaha Viking

They said the muffler would cause heat numbers to change, the tuner/programmer would solve that problem but that combination still wouldn’t beat the torque that the clutch will give me. Plus, total cost for clutch parts and labor is cheaper than muffler and tune.

DieselFume likes this.
  8. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 Polaris Ranger 500 EFI Mid-Size

The clutch wont gain any engine horse power like an exhaust/ programmer might, but it will get the power to the ground much better. It will likely register on your butt dyno even though it wont on the engine dyno, lol.

9. Mustplumb

Side X Side(s):

Yamaha Viking

Ultimately I think that is what we’re all after anyway. LOL. Butt dyno. That’s great!

10. UTVLIFE

UTVLIFE Jamie SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Yahama Viking VI EPS SE

Sorry to bring up a old thread from the past. I spoke with HMF they claim as well since I live in Georgia I wouldn't need a fuel tuner cause I was looking for a after market exhaust as well for my 2017 Viking VI EPS SE 4X4 side by side. Reason why the representive from HMF claimed that Georgia climate and terrain wouldn't be much at all any issues if I decided to go with the HMF Titan XL black out edition. I spoke with my local service department guy that always answered all my questions and helped me in the past he claimed HMF exhaust is very popular and very beefy in sound.