1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

best way to do a mild lift of 2 to 3 inches on a Defender?

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by Lastmohecken, May 3, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Lastmohecken

Lastmohecken Nevada SXS Nation Regular

Well, I see the need for a mild lift on my Defender. I would like to get 2 to 3 inches, anyway. Not much higher then that.
    I see different kits from a simple bracket added to the bottom of the shocks, all of the way around, but it looks a little cheesy and I wonder if it will hold up, or end breaking my mounting ears off of an A-arm or something.

Then I see another kit where you add these 3 inch tall, pucks under the springs all of the way around, but I worry about what kind of stresses that adds to shocks, and what that will do to the ride quality.

Then I think Extreme makes pucks for the front shocks and some kind of split brackets to add between the rear A-arms and the shocks.

Or I guess I could just add bigger tires, but mine are like brand new 27's and I am told I can put 30's on without rubbing by the dealer, but other places I read that they will rub. I like the idea of the bigger tires but hate to spend the money, and doubt I can sell my 27's for much.

Suggestions? Warnings? Etc.?

2. Frosty

Frosty Steve SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2015 Polaris Ranger 900 xp

Call highlifter, Great bunch of guys down there! I did A arms a lift and went to a 14" wheel...
    Gained 7.50"... love it

Attached Files: