1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Bought a 2017 Dominator X4

Discussion in 'Odes Nation' started by Buellblackbelt, Sep 10, 2019 at 2:32 PM.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Buellblackbelt

Buellblackbelt Adam SXS Nation Rookie

So i decided to go the Used route, and bought a 2017 X4 800 long travel model. only had 700 miles on the clock and the previous owner was METICULOUS with it's care. Since i am new to the side by side game... just curious what speeds are normal for these models... Low gear thinking 10-15 MPH max, High around 50... What is the red line for these motors...? what PSI does everyone run? etc etc. etc. KNOWLEDGE PEOPLE... come on lay it on me

2. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron Moderator

Side X Side(s):

17 Polaris General
    13 Polaris Ranger

Don't forget to post up some picks! at 700 miles just getting broke in. Did you buy from dealer or private party and any warranty on it? Cant help you on anything you asked but sure you can find a lot of info here or google it.

3. Buellblackbelt

been so busy havn't gotten any chances for a photo op.... ill take some in the next few days... bought from a private party...

4. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

First option should be a factory service manual, this will help with many of your questions. First thing I always get for all my toys!

Buellblackbelt likes this.
  5. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron Moderator

Side X Side(s):

17 Polaris General
    13 Polaris Ranger

Would agree with Ken get a service manual will help with any problem should one come up!

Buellblackbelt likes this.
  6. Groundhog

Groundhog Paul SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

ODES

Adam, I did the same thing. Bought a 2017 X4 800 Zeus with 37 hours on the clock. First thing I did was complete service. I don’t think it had been done. Machine was very nice, clean and well taken care of except for not being serviced. The operators manual is very poorly written and I managed to find a service manual, written just as bad! I’ve had to ask a lot of questions. Finally got it out for a good run. Started out in high gear, did manage to squeak out right at 50 mph but didn’t check rpm, to busy watching the road. Took a bit to get it to that point though. Seamed like something was holding it back though. But like Ron was saying, hardly broken in!

7. Buellblackbelt

yeah i found myself a service manual as well.. whole sections are not even there lol ... i have taken the machine to small runs here and there... no big trail runs yet... but some are planned. The previous owner just preformed an oil change, and even gave me an extra bottle of AMS oil that he bought extra. He had just did a belt swap too, and gave me the old belt, which had Zero signs of wear, so i have that as a spare in the unit... my only gripe for the unit is the lack of angle on the Dump bed... i wish it would go about another 10-15 degree's.... oh well... small gripe, for a happy camper for the rest