1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Brakes have squeaked since day one on 2014

Discussion in 'Commander Nation' started by Craig Sterley, May 26, 2016.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Craig Sterley

Craig Sterley SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

'14 Commander Max

Last time i had it in for regular service they told me it was normal for them to squeak with the changes in humidity and such. I just hate crusing around in a machine i spent a bunch of money on and it sounds like a old junk heap when using the brakes. The pads and rotors are all in great shape, maybe a change in pads to a different material? I don't know, looking for some insight?

Thanks

2. Curt

Curt Administrator

I dont recall hearing other Mav owners complaining. @PlumberSteve76 did you have an issue with this?

3. wixthedog

wixthedog Mike SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

Intimidator 750 Crew

I worked in a shop growing up and when folks would complain of noisy brakes after a brake job we would remove the pads and scrape them on the concrete. We would then take a greenie wheel (roloc disc) to the rotors to break the glazing. This method worked really well, sometimes pads just do not seat right.

4. mtimesplitter167

mtimesplitter167 Mike SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2012 ranger 800 xp le

I would do like @wixthedog said,remove the glaze from the rotors and try a different pad material.

5. PlumberSteve76

PlumberSteve76 Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 Can am Maverick
    2015 Can am Maverick Max

Both of my Mavericks have had the breaks squeak since new.. I asked my dealer about it and they said that it was a common issue. They also mentioned about taking the glaze off the pads and rotors which I've done with minimal success.. I've learned just to live with it I guess .

6. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

my guess would be the noise is from whatever compound they're making their pad material out of.... ever notice how the lifetime warranty brake pads you buy for your car will be the noisiest things you've ever heard? that'd be my guess.

7. Mcloer

Mcloer SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2014 Polaris Ranger XP900

Most all of the Rhinos did it in reverse...lol