1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Can am 800 or 1000??

Discussion in 'Forum Help, Suggestions & Feedback' started by Hfinger2, Nov 22, 2018.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Tags:
  1. Hfinger2

Hfinger2 Hunter SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Searching

Hey guys and gals!
    Im new to the site and the world of side by side owners. My wife and i are looking at a new maverich trail. Im not sure which machine would be best for us and what package and if the dps is worth the extra 2 grand. The machine would be used for 50 in trails here in co along with packing out deer and elk. Im about 6'3" 235 and my wife is about 5'4" 150

2. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron Moderator

Side X Side(s):

17 Polaris General
    13 Polaris Ranger

Welcome to the site Hunter!

If you can manage it I would go with the 1000 and the dps extra power is never a bad thing and if you ever decide to sell it the ops and extra cc makes it easy to sell as well just my thoughts!

3. Hfinger2

Hfinger2 Hunter SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Searching

Thanks for your reply and some good food for thought! We are trying to not let price be a factor for us as this machine will be around for years to come...if we go with the 1000 dps we will just hold of on some add on for a while

4. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

I vote 1000 and DPS. The power steering is NICE on tight trails. Also, not many people ever regret getting the extra power. That thing would be stout with the 75hp 1000cc motor!

5. Huntin Jim

Huntin Jim James SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2020 Maverick Trail DPS 1000

I just bought my Maverick Trail DPS 1000. I asked the same question and got the same answers. I also hunt deer and elk and want to go places most people aren't able to get to with a wider track, smaller engine. I don't care about going fast but I do care about having enough power to get me where I want to go. If you are going to spend the money on a machine, make sure it has a big enough engine to help pack out meat. By the way, you will end up getting accessories, count on it. Be sure to sign up on the "Can-Am Maveick Trail" group on FB. Lots of help there as you get started. Good luck!

6. Ginterx

Ginterx Michael SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Polaris general

My friend had a commander with the 800 cc it had a lot of power, I had bought a teryx 750 at the same time, my other friend had a rhino 700. Quite honestly his can am 800 had so much more power than my kaw and the yamaha I was shocked. I think the big decision for me in your situation would be more about the power steering and suspension of the 1000 packages, is the extra price worth those features. Both of the rotax motors are good.