1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Cat Converter removal

Discussion in 'Odes Nation' started by Doug Mich, Sep 12, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

1. Stevenayb
  1. Doug Mich

Doug Mich Doug SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2018 Odes Dominator X4 LT

Hi all, new to the forum.
    I have a 2018 Dominator X4 LT. Love the machine so far. A couple of things I would like to address : Excessive heat and noise in the cab. I read a post about eliminating the Cat Converter. How did you do that and what did you replace it with. Also, the whine from the engine is loud. Will just adding more insulation in the cowl eliminate that?
    I have ordered a set of Seismic vents for the windshield, I am sure that will help with cooling down inside the machine ( I have a full encloure) But would like to quiet the noise as well as heat from the motor down.
    Thanks and look forward to being part of this group!

2. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

Cat converter on an atv/utv. ?

3. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron Moderator

Side X Side(s):

17 Polaris General
    13 Polaris Ranger

A lot of SXS have had converters for some time. They are on the inlet side of the muffler. I changed mine out went with a MBRP oval tech 4 muffler. stock was like way heavy over the new. They claim a few extra HP with new muffler and to me maybe even a little quitter but a deeper tone. the heat is not going to be from the converter / muffler as much as just general engine heat most place the mufflers to the rear.

4. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

And who says you cant learn something new everyday!!!

5. Doug Mich

Doug Mich Doug SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2018 Odes Dominator X4 LT

On my machine, it looks like converter is actually part of the mid pipe. Doesn't look like a lot of room before the bend if I cut it off to put in a pipe.

6. Oldguy

Oldguy Randy SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

Odes Dominator X LT

Doug, I picked up a cheap, heavy movers blanket and draped it over the "dog house", helped alot with the noise and heat. With the cab on for snow plowing, you'll like the extra heat tho

7. Snappleguy

Snappleguy Salvatore SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Odes Dominator 1000 zuece

Hi all I have a 2016 Odes Dominator 1000 my Catalytic converter detached from the tail pipe leading to the muffler. Can I just remove the Cat and weld a pipe in replacement.

8. 2wpuller

2wpuller Dale SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2015 Odes Dominator 800 2x

I removed my cat and muffler it's well worth it. Mine is a 15 Dominator 800 X2 .I cut the cat off just past the crimp that holds it to a piece of flex pipe.Then you can slide a piece of 2" exhaust pipe mines 9" long then slid a 2" inlet and 2 outlet on car glasspack worked great.welded a tab on the side of the glasspack bolted to the old original bolt on the frame.I hat a deep tone and not really that loud. Well worth the $21.00 for the glasspack and pipe.I need to rappel the exhaust pipe with header wrap for heat control. The exhaust points straight out the back.