1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Clutch kit upgrade

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fjen, May 18, 2016.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. fjen

fjen Jennifer SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Yamaha Wolverine

I recently ordered different tires for my Wolverine but don't have them mounted yet. They are heavier than the crappy 2-ply stock tires. I went with GBC Dirt Commanders. 27-9-12 for the front and 27-11-12 on the back, stock aluminum wheels.
    I've seen recommendations for upgrading the clutch when using heavier tires. Not looking to throw more money in upgrades at this new machine more than necessary, but I also don't want to wear anything out faster by running heavier tires.
    I know of 2 options for the upgrade, one being Hunterworks and the other JBS.

http://www.hunterworks.com/inc/sdetail/64856/54913
    Wolverine Extreme Clutch Kit w/ Slug Kit - Wolverine R Spec for $449

From what my husband says there has been "some controversary" between these 2 vendors on other forums, so I'm hoping to get some neutral opinions here on them. Has anyone used either in their Wolverine or have any knowledge to go with one over the other. He is pro-JBS because that is who he went with for the clutch kit on his Rhino.

2. R2V2

R2V2 Rik SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2016 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec eps

Strange that a fight exists between two options. A third option is EPI with many kits related to riding style. Plus EPI factors in altitude. Another player is Dalton. So there are at least four choices. I have been researching for awhile, and I hope to decide next year..

3. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 Polaris Ranger 500 EFI Mid-Size

I don't know a ton about the two companies, but I will tell you that with the larger/ heavier tires that clutching is a must on most machines. I would call both and see what they have to say. I will tell you when I got mine from DDP/ @DirtyDawgDale he asked a lot of questions like tire size, weight, number of people in the machine, windshield or not, etc. He built me a kit for my situation and machine versus just shipping some generic set up off the shelf.

Rockin Ronnie likes this.
  4. Curt

Curt Administrator

I wish Dirty Dawg Performance did Yamahas, as I swear by their products.
    That being said I know that Todd at Hunterworks has a great reputation for a quality product. I can't say I'm familiar with JBS.