1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Commander CVT Access Help

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by Juic3Mane, Mar 27, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Juic3Mane

Juic3Mane Andrew SXS Nation Rookie

Hey guys, so I purchased a spare belt for my Commander for just in case and so I wanted to get familiar with replacing it at home in case I have to out on the trails. I remove the driver seat and the plastic panel near the thigh area and start to remove the storage box panel piece under the seat only to find that along with the plastic screws, there is one Torx bolt holding the panel on.. And in a hole about the size of my thumb I see a tiny nut holding the bolt in place... The bolt/nut appears to be holding the side net on at the bottom and the net feeds in through the tiny hole. There is barely enough room to get a finger in there, let alone a wrench or a set of pliers. I tried to pull the skid plate and go in from underneath but that doesn't seem to be an option. How in the hell are you supposed to get this thing off?? Who and how would you install the net like this. I've read several posts on several forums of people with this issue but can't seem to find an answer. I've watched every video I can find and no one mentions anything about this bolt. I'd prefer not to cut any plastic or the net itself, but is this really the only option to be able to access the CVT?

2. Curt

Curt Administrator

3. PlumberSteve76

PlumberSteve76 Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 Can am Maverick
    2015 Can am Maverick Max

not sure.. on the maverick there was several push pins to remove the plastic but I never had to take ay bolts out that I remember.

4. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

I have never changed one, but was curious. I found this video on you tube. Not sure if yours is exactly the same. It does not look terrible in a garage setting, but may suck trail side.