1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Crankcase Ventilation

Discussion in 'Ranger Nation' started by WyoMud, Jul 5, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. WyoMud

WyoMud Mick SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2017 Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Crew Northstar

Has anyone moved the crankcase ventilation hose from the air intake, and vented it to atmosphere, or an oil catch can? I was surprised by how much oil residue was inside the air filter box, and up inside the intake hose going to the electronic fuel injection. I’m considering moving it, but wanted to see if others have ever done it. My Ranger doesn’t use any oil, but it sure was a mess to clean up.

2. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

I’m trying to remember the context of a post where someone did run the breather to a catch can. I want to say there was a specific reason to do it though. Got any pics? Maybe with those we can give you an idea if it’s excessive or not.