1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Dented steel rims

Discussion in 'Ranger Nation' started by Kurt Cannon, Mar 9, 2020.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Kurt Cannon

Kurt Cannon Kurt SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2012 polaris ranger 6x6

Just picked up a 12 6x6 800 with 2 leaky rim's. They are rolled slightly on the edge like they ran against a stump that's where the air is coming out. I was thinking of popping the bead bending them back then putting tire bead adhesive on them. Has anyone tried this. Tires are like new can see the color stripes on the center.
    Kurt

2. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

I have straightened rolled edges on atv rims many times with sucess, however the trick is to move metal slowly! Actually used some blocks of wood which I struck with a hammer. The wood moves the metal slowly. Had some pcs of oak and mahogany that worked well. Use straight edges to keep from overbending. Some heating with a propane torch might be needed depending on how severe the damage. I was able to seal my beads without sealer, but better to use sealer than have a flat/leak.

3. Kurt Cannon

Kurt Cannon Kurt SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2012 polaris ranger 6x6

Thanks also talked to the polaris dealer nearby he said to use a dead blow hammer. I will use all advice while i work on these. But i left the keys in it and my son made it a brown ranger. At least it wasn't a stuck ranger. It would suck to bury a 6x6. Gave it a hour bath and hid the keys. Tomorrow hammer time.

Seastacker likes this.