1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone run a complete Airdam clutch setup or an STM secondary ?

Discussion in '1000: S, XP, & Highlifter, 2 & 4 seat' started by cw_mi, Aug 2, 2018.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. cw_mi

cw_mi chuck SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2016 Polaris XP1K 2 seater

I run a complete setup from Adam at Airdam, and just want to discuss what set ups others are doing. I just started running it this season and have had great results which are getting even better. I am finding that I am closer to a dune setup than trail since the trails I ride here in MI have some pretty deep sand.

2. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

Looks like nice stuff. I have all my clutching set up by Dale at Dirty Dawg. Always spot on set ups from @DirtyDawgDale

3. Curt

Curt Administrator

Like Carl I’m a DDP clutch guy! Awesome clutching!

4. cw_mi

cw_mi chuck SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2016 Polaris XP1K 2 seater

I ran DDP stuff on my 800 RZR, it worked great.
    I run my machine a bit harder than most, and would over heat the belt on long sustained high speed runs. I'm talking 60 plus for miles. On the '16 XP's with the BOSS secondary and the fact that the primary overshifts which pushes the belt too high...It was a recipe for belt failures. In my research trying to solve the issues, I went thru two different clutch kits and tested several types of belts. I found that those that an average speed of 15mph and under generally didn't have problems, speeds into the 20's did. Last I checked my average was 24mph. (miles/hours) I then started researching what the desert racing guys did and found out about Airdam. It was costly but my belt issues are gone. I can run basically how I want without compromising belts. This is what Polaris should have done from the start. The factory backed Polaris race buggies use Airdam clutching and Adam helped develop the CVT housing and cooling inlets on the new RS-1

Seastacker likes this.