1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Don't buy an Odes

Discussion in 'Odes Nation' started by billmay08, Jun 10, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. billmay08

billmay08 Bill SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2018 X4 Dominator

I bought my 2018 X4 last August for my Elk Hunt from Rim Country in Rye AZ. Opening day of my hunt my exhaust where it connects at the motor broke in half. After having that repaired a shifter mechanism broke and I was stuck in reverse. Got that fixed and it broke again and I was stuck in high. After having that fixed again it was extremely hard to shift it at all. The dealership I bought it from went out of business so I had to go all the way to Phoenix to deal with a rude (Brent), egotisticle, know it all. Wanted to try and get the shifting problem fixed along with a very high pitch squeel and the unit slipping at take off. In regards to the slipping he said the belt was bad and charged me over $300 and it didn't fix the problem. The rest of it he said nothing could be done. As of yesterday I purchased a 2019 Polaris General for about $8,000 more and I'm sure I will be taking a bath when I sell the Odes. Very disappointed in the Odes and Brents attitude!!!!

2. Poriggity

Poriggity Scott SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2018 Odes Dominator X4

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Seems a lot of people lately are not happy with Odes in general. It's making me rethink my purchase of a 2018 Domonator x4 zues. So far mine has been a flawless machine, but I keep reading about so many issues with these machines, I wonder if I should have just bought a polaris.. sorry to hear about your troubles.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

billmay08 likes this.
  3. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

I think most are good machines. BUT, as they become more popular you will hear about flaws more frequently as is the nature with every brand. Sorry to hear of your issues with it.

PS... I hope you end up liking your General as much as I like mine!

Rockin Ronnie likes this.
  4. Poriggity

Poriggity Scott SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2018 Odes Dominator X4

I know I'm pretty happy with my odes thus far. That being said, I do know there are a lot of people that have issues with them.

5. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron Moderator

Side X Side(s):

17 Polaris General
    13 Polaris Ranger

People have problems with all brands and they are the ones that you here about more often then those that are enjoying there ride. If someone has a problem they complain and post about it. Its human nature but when things are good they are out riding and don't have as much time to brag or post about it. lets not forget you may read or hear about lets say 10 or 12 that hates them and have problems but remember there are 10 or 12 thousand out there with no problems. ( just numbers I chose to show point )! All are man made and have issues at times just like anything else man made!

6. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

Sooner or later they all have a problem, how well the mfgr takes care of the problem and parts availiability are the keys to a good machine. When you cant get parts or service, that makes a poor reputation for the mfgr and can take a long time to overcome. My dealer is almost 75 miles but UPS ships everyday and most dealers take credit cards. For actual service, I make the appt ahead of time and they work on it the minute I get there. Normally I just go have lunch and take the wife shopping then pickup my machine at the end of the day and go back home. When I bought it, I didnt shop for the cheapest price, instead the best service in case I needed it. It has paid off quite well!

Seastacker and Rockin Ronnie like this.
  7. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

So true. A good dealer can make or break the ownership experience regardless of the brand.

Rockin Ronnie likes this.
  8. Oldguy

Oldguy Randy SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

Odes Dominator X LT

My rant about Odes, took my 17 Dominator X-2 LT in for 50 hr service. Dealer found a bad belt and some plastic slides bad in clutch which he replaced. Machine shifted fine going in, when I got it back you had to forcefully shift it. SO hard in fact, the g.f. couuldn't use it. Being that hard to shift, you guessed it, something broke. Dealer even noted in paperwork, "shifts hard", do you suppose you might want to check it out before the customer gets it back? Now back at dealer and he cant seem to find the problem, I've pretty much had it! What recourse do I have, if any? Going to be contacting Odes myself.

9. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

If your making payments contact the bank. Social media feedback can shake things up, if enough people see it.

10. Oldguy

Oldguy Randy SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

Odes Dominator X LT

That is SO true, I had mine n for 50 hour service. When I got it back , you couldnt shift it, back to the dealer...nt much help. He was goin to order a new driven clutch when all he needed was a shim ($12). He did however, make me a good deal on trading my machine, it will never go back to that particular dealer. Up to this point I loved my Odes , quite the work horse, 6ft plow, almost constantly working, no other issues.

Seastacker likes this.
  11. Chick

Chick Charles SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2018 Odes Comrade

I bought a 2018 Odes Comrade. At 10 hours, things began to go wrong with it. I finally had to tell them I was either going to Lemon Law or Small Claims Court. In Texas, Small Claims Court goes to $10,000. Odes has nothing for factory help
    The mechanic at the dealership had almost zero assistance. Finally, Odes said they were sending a factory trained mechanic in a fully stocked truck, with test equipment, to fix it. A week later, some clown showed up in a beat up car, with a backpack of tools and a box of parts. When he was through, it was worst than ever. That was when I started filling out paperwork for a lawsuit. I had exceeded my expectations and Odes finally refunded my money. I now have a Yamaha Viking, and had zero problems. I love it!

Seastacker likes this.