1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Dust?

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by Jaybey, Nov 20, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Jaybey

Jaybey Joe SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2015 Polaris Ranger XP EPS 900

From past experience over the last 13 years I have seen a few posts about dust in the cab and dirty filters. Folks have gone on to install particle separator on their buggies and they seem to work but are bulky not to mention expensive at $399. To $500.00 depending on who you buy from.

I am thinking about an inexpensive spoiler idea such as this from Amazon: Fontic Deals 4.9ft (150cm/1.5m), Universal Environmental-Friendly Rubber Trunk or Rear Roof Lip Spoiler.
    upload_2019-11-20_9-33-57.png
    I am looking/hoping someone has had experience with spoilers on UTV or has used something like this??? upload_2019-11-20_9-33-57.png

2. David Crouch

David Crouch David SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Polaris Ranger 400
    Polaris Ranger 700XP

I recently saw a post under this topic:
    Back Draft Dust Cure?
    His rear air deflector looks like a great idea, but I haven’t had a chance to get one built for my two Polaris units. His idea of using clean air above the roof to form a curtain of fresh air behind the cab seems to make sense to me.

3. Jaybey

Jaybey Joe SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2015 Polaris Ranger XP EPS 900

I don't think there is such a thing as inexpensive when it comes to this idea. Thought of 1/8to 1/4 inch aluminum. Need to pay for a whole sheet just to get 24 by 48 inchs. then I thought of acrylic again need to buy a 48 by 96 inch sheet just to get a quarter sheet. Then it needs to be bent. I guess I will keep an eye on the local metal places to find a piece of scrap aluminum that can be bent for less than $90.00. I would really love to use the acrylic that was heat formed with a 12 inch front and a 45° bend for abut 6 inches at the back end, I want to mount it with 1 inch and 1.5 inch sigh standoffs.
    Any thoughts or ideas where to get either without spending $150.????

4. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

When I made my windshield, I found a third sheet of lexan on ebay at a reasonable cost. Find another person that needs some and split the cost. No matter these darn toys aint cheap!!