1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Enclosed trailer brands

Discussion in 'Trucks, Trailers, & RV's' started by Slow6, Oct 23, 2017.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Slow6

Slow6 SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2015 Polaris 6x6

I’ve been looking into getting an enclosed trailer and curious to know what others have seen for problems. The local dealer sells cargo mate and started getting in a few Mirage trailers (I haven’t seen one yet). I had a Royal Cargo before, it was a good trailer but door was too short when I got the new buggy. I know everyone has the horror stories about a POS they may have bought. I’d like to hear about problems or manufacturing defects that you have experienced with your trailers that would have caused accidents or emergency roadside repairs. Further more I’d like to know how your local dealer (if you bought new) or the manufacturer took care of the problem for you. I’ve always liked the Wells Cargo brand for some reason but never pulled one.

2. Curt

Curt Administrator

There is definitely a big difference in quality and durability between the different makes. Mine is a United trailer. They are a bit more but its held up well.

3. Bigdeer2000

Bigdeer2000 Todd SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2017 Polaris General 4, Kubota 1100x, 1968 m274 military mule

Featherlite with ramp on front and rear would be my choice if ever up grade. I have a featherlite open utility trailer that is over 15 years old with no issues. I did order led light kit from featherlite a couple of years ago to replace old runnng lights.

4. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

This past spring bought a new enclosed trailer, it is a "Haulin" with a donkey symbol behind it. The story I got was it original was called Haulin Ass but received complaints so the name was changed to use the Donkey pic instead... So far so good, did have issues with rim leaks in the wheels but the dealer swapped them out and so far so good. I bought the pkg upgrade with screwless exterior, ramp door, extra height for the SxS and it also comes with thicker walls, heavier frame, and closer spaced wall and floor studs. Trailer weighs more than a standard trailer with the upgrades but I am hoping they will be worth it in the long run. Tows well and tracks fine, especially behind the motorhome, don't even know it is there..

5. Slow6

Slow6 SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2015 Polaris 6x6

Need something with 84 inch tall rear door for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 Polaris Ranger 500 EFI Mid-Size

Most trailer builders can build to your spec...a little wider, taller roof, etc. We have two big builders here in MI, R&R and Legend (I'm sure there are more). I have had an R&R snowmobile trailer and it held up well. Legend trailers are a bit higher end, but are very nice from what I have seen. I know many are building them with kick out/ flip down beds in the sides now too....sort of a "rough'n it" toy hauler of sorts. You can really spec them out as bare bones or as fancy as you like.

7. Z15

Z15 Michael SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2016 Polaris RZR 900 EPS Trail Matte Turbo Silver

Rockin Ronnie and Seastacker like this.