1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Fall Color Ride - Indian River, MI

Discussion in 'Side X Side Videos' started by Piston Honda, Oct 15, 2018.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Piston Honda

Piston Honda Seth Moderator

Side X Side(s):

Honda Pioneer 500
    Yamaha Wolverine X2 R-Spec

We went on a fall color ride in Indian River this weekend. Weather was great and the colors were close to peak. It was an 8 hour ride and I condensed it down to 3 minutes.

2. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

Looks like a nice ride. How many in your group?

3. Piston Honda

Side X Side(s):

Honda Pioneer 500

83 machines. It was a Mud Brothers ride. Members only this year because they were well over 300 machines last year and it got messy.

Seastacker likes this.
  4. Seastacker

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

Wow. 83 is a lot. I cant imagine 300! Did they break up the group at all or just a huge line of 83 machines?

5. Piston Honda

Side X Side(s):

Honda Pioneer 500

Even with the 300, it was pretty well organized. They were able to direct traffic while we crossed the roads and everything was running smoothly. Until we encountered 3 Jeeps on the trail coming from the other direction. The Jeeps wouldn't move over and let us pass, so all 300 of us had to turn around on the trails and that's when we got broken up into multiple groups. I don't know how the discussion was going with the Jeeps as I was in the middle of the pack.

This year with the 83 it was a smooth, huge line of machines. We were moving pretty fast for the first half of the trip too. The 2nd half started to get pretty ridiculous because we were making so many pee stops. I think the heavy beer drinkers need to start wearing diapers. :D

This is the pic from last year from just before we had to turn around in this exact spot.

DSCN9205.JPG

Rockin Ronnie and Seastacker like this.
  6. cw_mi

cw_mi chuck SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2016 Polaris XP1K 2 seater

We ended up in Atlanta just after you guys left. Sounds like it was a good event, my wife and I did it two years ago, it might have been a different group though, it was the Michigan Treadhead group.

Saw some stuff on FB, about some groups that had some "issues" , were you guys part of that ?

Piston Honda likes this.
  7. Piston Honda

Side X Side(s):

Honda Pioneer 500

We left from Indian River and went south to somewhere... 90 miles round trip. I was with the Mud Brothers and yes, there were some issues when the two groups crossed paths. LOL I stayed out of it on FB but it was some entertaining reading. The treadheads ended up deleting what they posted and it all went back to normal.

Rockin Ronnie and cw_mi like this.
  8. Curt

Curt Administrator

Oh so the Mud Brothers and the treadheads crossed paths? That’s not good, those two groups do not play well together. The Mud Brothers are a good group.

Piston Honda likes this.
  9. Seastacker

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

Not being on FB, I guess I was totally unaware that these groups did not get along. Is this like some biker like UTV rivalry? I have always heard good things about the Mud Brothers and had always hoped to get on one of their rides at some point.

Piston Honda likes this.
  10. Piston Honda

Side X Side(s):

Honda Pioneer 500

I just joined MB this year so I didn't know anything until the ride was over. I could tell there was some tension on the trail though. We were passing the other group at an intersection and their lead machine was halfway into the trail so all 83 of us had to move around him. Then we had a machine go down and we had to stop on the trail. Then they tried going around us. But with that many machines in both groups you know that didn't work out. But i was just sitting there clueless. Lol

11. Piston Honda

Side X Side(s):

Honda Pioneer 500

MB is a good group. They had a big group at the orv jam, they organize the mac trek and they have a decent amount of rides the rest of the year. I joined up just for this fall ride because it was members only this year.

Rockin Ronnie likes this.
  12. Call Me Al

Call Me Al Dennis SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

Polaris rzr s1000

I've been with them for two years and this is the second color ride I have done with them. I actually think last years ride with 300 machines went better than this one, well, except for when we lost half the group.:D One of the things I like about the club is the number of riders that have radios in their machines allowing notice of broken down units or other problems that may arise. But the worst (IMO) is the drinking aspect. I'm surprised the club takes such a loose attitude towards it. Ist, its illegal, 2nd there are kids present and I don't believe it sets a good example and 3rd, its just plain dangerous. I'm not against drinking, but my wifes' family has buried two teens on their 19th birthday due to car accidents where booze was a factor (the other drivers) so I may be a bit biased. I won't stop riding with them, I just think they put themselves into a possible legal problem by seemingly condoning it.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    Piston Honda and Seastacker like this.
  13. Piston Honda

Side X Side(s):

Honda Pioneer 500

Those are 3 good points. There wasn't any drinking in my machine... well, the wife may have been but I wasn't paying attention. The part that was most annoying was the number off pee stops. I lost count after a while but I think 12 would be close. If I knew how to get back on my own I would have busted out right after we passed the treadheads. :D

Call Me Al likes this.