1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Fast Riding Options on the East Coast?

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by SquidBonez, Jul 29, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. SquidBonez

SquidBonez AJ SXS Nation Rookie

I've always been into driving fast. Not mudding, rock crawling, etc. I don't get why people will buy $20,000+ with over 100 horsepower and massive long travel suspension just to putt around trails. But I digress, being on the east coast means that there are no deserts or dunes. As someone who is looking to get into UTVs, what are good areas to drive all-out? Off road parks would be the most obvious answer, but many trails are often too narrow or rough to really go fast. Plus you constantly have to worry about other riders. Next would be fields, but then comes the problem of where to find such a field without getting arrested. I eventually plan on saving up and buying a property with a large amount of open land to build my own private off road "park", but that won't be for a while. Until then, what are my options?

2. DogRunner2

DogRunner2 Brian SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2016 RZR 900s

Alot of Hatfield McCoy's trails are good for some fast riding.

3. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

Build your own, fast riding puts others in danger! I ride slow to relax and enjoy the scenery of the great outsoors....

4. kscfire

kscfire Paul Event Coordinator

Side X Side(s):

2017 Polaris General Ride Command Edition

5. wgarcar1

wgarcar1 ron SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

2018 polaris ranger 900 XP

I hope these vids will help:

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6. DogRunner2

DogRunner2 Brian SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2016 RZR 900s

Everyone has the right to ride their ride as long as done so responsibly.It doesn't put anyone in danger when you have a machine built for it. I've put a lot of money into my buggy to perform at higher speeds.

7. stainlessman

stainlessman SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2014 Polaris Ranger 900xp

Maine has lots of trails and the farther north you go in Maine the flatter and more open the trails are. New Hampshire has atv and snowmobile trail speed limits. Maine has none. Drive as fast as you want and be life flighted to the nearest hospital if need be.