1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Flat pulling Can AM Maverick x3 Max

Discussion in 'Maverick Nation' started by jcompguru, Jun 24, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. jcompguru

jcompguru Kevin SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

CanAm Maverick X3 MAX DS Turbo R

Group I need some advice. After searching the web with no good recommendation. I thought I would turn to forums. I have a new 2019 Can Am Maverick X3 Max R. I'm only 2 miles from Silver Lake Sand Dunes. I would really like to tow it in Dune Ready. I can build a tow bar to hook onto the front bumper. If I have a driver and the motor running, do you see a problem with flat towing it 2 miles at 25 mph? There are people in my campground that do this with their RZR's without issues, but I haven't seen anyone do this with a Can AM.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  2. Brian A

Brian A Brian SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2016 Wildcat X Special Edition

I suggest that you contact Can-Am !

3. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2019 Polaris General 4

I’ve seen @Curt and @Dave tow their old rzr’s with a tow bar up there before. It seemed to work ok for them except Dave had a blown belt when he got back. No idea what caused that.
    I don’t know enough about the cam am drive system to recommend either way.
    On a side note, they really do make it a PITA up there. One of the main reasons I don’t go often. It’s especially a pain when you haul in a toy hauler and your trailer becomes your house for the weekend...:confused::cool:

4. Curt

Curt Administrator

I’ve towed my rzr several times with a tow bar. You don’t need a driver, it will track. I leave it running in neutral so the clutch doesn’t bind on the belt.