1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Flexible Flare Options?

Discussion in '900: Trail, XC, S, 2 & 4 seat: 2014-present' started by RichR, Feb 23, 2016.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. RichR

RichR SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2015 Polaris RZR 900 Trail

Does anyone know if someone makes rubber flares for 900 trail? Every time I ride the bed gets filled with mud. I need to keep her at 50" because I like to ride tight trails. I was thinking of making a set out of 1/4" rubber flooring so if I scrape a tree they just flex. I am just afraid it will look like ****. [​IMG]

2. Dan DeClue

Dan DeClue SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2012 RZR 800s
    2015 RZRs 900

I have actually considered that idea. I have a couple big truck mudflaps that I have been thinking on cutting in a way to make just this thing. I really wish someone would come out with something to plug all the nooks and crannies that the mud and whatnot gets into. I wonder if anyone has ever tried the space filling expanding foam....

3. Dustin Stephan

Dustin Stephan Team SXS Nation

Side X Side(s):

Polaris razor rzr 1000

Extreme metal products has extended fender flares but I think they are plastic

4. Richard Davidson

Richard Davidson RD Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2009 Arctic Cat Prowler 700 XTX

Caution on the expanding foam, it traps moisture! Found out the hard way! Truck mudflaps make for a good material, durable and moldable.

5. Dan DeClue

Dan DeClue SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2012 RZR 800s
    2015 RZRs 900

Richard Davidson, Thanks for that. Hadn't thought of it...so that's a nope. LOL

6. PalmettoRZR

PalmettoRZR Chris SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Polaris RZR 900S eps

I went with the trail armor brand. havent ripped them off yet...

Fswan likes this.
  7. Skettyeddie

Skettyeddie Edward SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2008 rzr 800
    2016 rzr 900 trail eps

We use the mudbuster brand. They offer 3 different options

8. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

I went to the local family farm and fleet store (like tractor supply) and bought a stall mat, used for horses to stand on. About 6mm thick and 3' x 5' in size for twenty bucks and some change. They are a heavy rubber mat, easily cut with my fillet knife. Made mud flaps on my S x S to block the openings where frame meets body and would fill with mud. Cleaned out over 30 lbs of mud one day and decided to make the mud flaps, no more mud collecting in the nooks and crannies, look good and flexible so no breakage.

Seastacker likes this.
  9. Jaybey

Jaybey Joe SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

2015 Polaris Ranger XP EPS 900

I made mud blockers for the whole bottom of my Ranger 900 that extend out about three inches on each side out of truck mud flap materiel from the truck stop. I was not just getting mud caked under the bed but my rear tire kicked up a rock a year back and busted my back window. it really exploded.