1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Front wheel bearing replacement...

Discussion in 'Ranger Nation' started by alyaz, Apr 17, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. alyaz

alyaz Al SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2011 Polaris Ranger 500EFI

So was looking through my Polaris Ranger (500EFI) manual and it shows/ says to remove the front bearings and replace them with the struts on the vehicle. I was assuming the struts would be removed to do the bearing removal/replacement. The manual says to use a drift punch to remove and all they say is to ‘carefully replace with new bearings, using Locktite RC680.’

So, would you remove the struts? Or would you do it with the struts on? If done on the vehicle I do have the required 'sized discs’ to press the new wheel bearings in, maybe using some redi-rod and nuts turned to compress them in.

Thanks gang.

2. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

I haven't had to replace any wheel bearings on the front struts of our 570s yet, but on our old Polaris 700 I had done a few, and I never successfully removed a wheel bearing with the strut on the machine. Plus, they're not too difficult to remove just take the nut off the top of the rod and the whole strut assembly will fall out. You'll have to unhook the tie rod though. Would be the perfect time to add your lift kit:D

alyaz likes this.
  3. alyaz

alyaz Al SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2011 Polaris Ranger 500EFI

Ha. Copy, thanks, good to know. I will proceed with the removal plan. I have some new outer tie rod ends on the way too, so will wait till everything arrives.