1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

General 1000 needs service

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by mkp777, Oct 3, 2019.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. mkp777

mkp777 Mike SXS Nation Rookie

Hello again,

The little wrench has appeared on my instrument panel.

How do I figure out what actually needs to be done?

I called the dealer and they took a guess, that since its about a year old, it needs an oil change. They sell a kit for this and another maintenance kit for greasing the zirc fittings and such.

Anyone have those kits and do they come with pretty good directions so I can figure it out myself. As I said before, I live very rural and don't have a trailer or a way to tow the General to the dealer to have them do it.

I want to learn to do it myself anyhow. Nobody is around that can help me so I need instructions.

And finally, when I do the service to it, how do I reset that indication that shows the wrench flashing when I start it up?

Thanks so much for all the information,

M

2. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron Moderator

Side X Side(s):

17 Polaris General
    13 Polaris Ranger

Just me but I don't buy the high priced Polaris kits I use a 51394 Wix oil filter and mobile one synthetic oil for oil changes a good quality grease for all grease fittings for the rear end/trans I did use the Polaris fluid because got a good deal on some damaged bottles were dropped and dented. and front diff. I will hear about saying this but I run hydraulic fluid in mine. oil change is really simple drain oil change filter and refill the filter can be a chore to get to but not bad.

I would get a service manual for the General can download on off line. look here Owner's Manuals | Polaris GENERAL

Use the following procedure to reset or change the service interval.
    1. Press and hold the MODE button to enter the settings menu.
    2. Press either toggle button to cycle to the “Service Hours” option. Press MODE to select.
    3. Press MODE to reset the existing value and exit, or press either toggle button to change the value. Press MODE to save and exit to the settings menu.

3. Jaybey

Jaybey Joe SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2015 Polaris Ranger XP EPS 900

Ronnie Generally speaking set the wrench time to 100 hours. It will count down to zero when it is time for you to change fluids again. Those PS4 Extreme oil change kits are expensive but shop around on line then get a good quote take it to the dealership and ask for a price match. Most will match even Rocky Mountain ATV's prices.

4. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron Moderator

Side X Side(s):

17 Polaris General
    13 Polaris Ranger

Very correct Joe didn't state the time but your correct . I should have included that thanks for bring it up!

5. mkp777

mkp777 Mike SXS Nation Rookie

Thanks so much for the information guys!!
    Truly appreciate it!