1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Going to freeze to death this winter-

Discussion in 'Full Size: 570, 900, 2013-2017' started by DieselFume, Nov 17, 2017.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. River Rat

River Rat Mike SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

'07 Prowler 650XT

2. Curt

Curt Administrator

It will on a radiator that can breath. The goal here would be to keep wind from flowing through.

3. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, 3 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All doomed for hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Well, just installed a comparable thermostat..its 190 degree . So far I see to be getting much better heat out of it with the temps hovering around 165-190. As compared to the old one that couldn't seem to let the engine over 150-160. I'd say its a little slow warming up, but definitely faster than before, and holding a warmer temp.. a cold snowy week ahead to test it out on. 20171202_143313.jpg 20171202_142736.jpg

Piston Honda likes this.
  4. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 Polaris Ranger 500 EFI Mid-Size

That’s good news. Surprised the old one does not appear to have a bleed hole in it either.

5. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron Team SXS Nation

Side X Side(s):

Polaris General
    Polaris Ranger

In the center the valve if you will you see 3 notches they are the bleeds!

6. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, 3 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All doomed for hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Yep, there's 3 notches there that are exposed when the t-stat opens slightly. fully closed they are not open to bleed.....

22 degrees this morning.... engine only mustered about 150 degrees while idling (while I was doing chores) with the heater on low. however I know my 800 would never come up to full operating temp either in the same conditions.

7. Pede

Pede SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

I might suggest a little joy ride before you start doing chores to help with warm up, at idle I think it will just make a slow climb or maintain the temp prior to stopping.......does that make any sense??

8. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

Yep, you're correct Larry, it would be best to take her our for a spin to let it warm up..... after feeding and letting it run a little bit, I usually take it out on a 10 min spin to bring it up to temp...... This time of year they see alot of starting and stopping.

9. airshot

airshot Ken SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

Kymco 450i UXV

Does anyone have any experience with one of these propane heaters??? Been giving them some consideration....thanks

10. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

yeah, I think that'll be my last resort! The thing is, if you spend any "real" time in them... you know, 20 minutes ore so, the engine temp will come up to where they put out good heat (with the t-stat mod.)

I ordered two more of the 195 stats and will have them to put in in a day or two..

Right now I have a polaris crew in my shop that's taking up all my time and space!