1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Going to pick these up today.

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Discussions' started by DieselFume, Sep 6, 2017.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, 3 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All doomed for hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

I feel like a kid again. The grey one runs, the yellow one doesn't.

My wife wanted a camper, I told her this was something we can ride everyday with the kids, and don't need a weekend or small fortune to do it. Settled one $1000 for both carts. Both are two seaters. Time to build a track?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Piston Honda, Ken and poorboy1964 like this.
  2. Dave

Dave Dave Administrator

Side X Side(s):

2012 Polaris RZR XP 900

Very cool

3. Curt

Curt Administrator

Now that looks fun!

4. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron Team SXS Nation

Side X Side(s):

Polaris General
    Polaris Ranger

Very cool looks like fun!
    Well I see why the yellow one wont run its that m&m sticker when they started they sponsored Elliot Sadler in a ford with the number 38 back in 2003 I think now they are on a Toyota with well another driver and the cart feels let down. LOL sounded good

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    Limo Driver and Curt like this.
  5. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, 3 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All doomed for hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

lol...

Got them hauled in today. The grey cart (that runs) has got chevy badging, while the yellow cart that doesn't run has ford badging... Finally figured out the problem!

I got home with one hour of daylight left, didn't have time for supper, kids were running out to meet me in the driveway with the new toys!

put the forks on the telehandler and unloaded the running cart and off to the races! We drove it for a solid hour till dark when we finally had to put it away for the night! I've never seen my kids so excited. Fun times!

6. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 Polaris Ranger 500 EFI Mid-Size

Man...you thought they had fun on the Chevy one, just wait till the Ford one is up and running! I'm sure they will need extra protective gear due to all the extra speed and power! lol
    PS...Im sure the Ford one broke down because it was pulling the Chevy or something. :D;)

PPS....Cool little carts! I think $1k is a great deal. Those things seem to hold some good value. I assume they are powered by little Briggs or Tecumseh motors? I can already foresee one of those being the kids and the other being mom and dads.

Piston Honda and DieselFume like this.
  7. Pede

Pede SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

Chevy....Ford....Nascar......wait!! I need to get some popcorn.

Now you just need to build a track, grader and a couple hours ought to do it.

Seastacker likes this.
  8. River Rat

River Rat Mike SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

'07 Prowler 650XT

Those would be a blast to ride! And a great way to get them interested in kart racing, my grandson started this year.
    3599.jpeg

Rockin Ronnie and Seastacker like this.
  9. Ken

Ken SXS Nation Team Leader

Side X Side(s):

2013 Ranger XP 900 Sunset Red LE. 2009 Ranger 700 XP Sunset Red

Those kids and (you older kid) will have fun with those! :)

DieselFume likes this.
  10. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

The one has been a blast so far! They're a little on the heavy side (350lbs), but they both have honda 8hp powerplants. The grey one is running much better now that I adjusted the throttle cable for full throttle capability! They really had it de-tuned before..

Carl- I am thinking the "ford" car is a bit of a sleeper also. It has 3200 hours on it while the grey one has only 1400. Kinda makes me think that it was the faster of the two carts, and maybe got used more. Just hoping the engine has got some "go" left in it. My dad too all of us kids to the amusement park when I was about 13, and is actually the same park these two carts came from. I remember him driving a yellow 2 seater (like the ford), but don't remember if it was the same one or not. And at that time, it would pull away from any of the other carts on the track.

Can already see that tires are going to be an issue. lol

11. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 Polaris Ranger 500 EFI Mid-Size

Wow! 8hp is stout! Those little Honda motors are usually excellent.
    I have rented track carts like that many times in the past and they are super fun. You are right... there always seems to be a fast one in the mix.

12. Piston Honda

Piston Honda Seth Moderator

Side X Side(s):

Honda Pioneer 500

Awesome! And you absolutely need to build a track.

13. MikeinPA

MikeinPA Michael SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

CFMoto Uforce 500

Am I the only one that can't see any pictures of the original post?

14. Curt

Curt Administrator

The pictures are gone. They were there

15. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

Hmm, ill have to try and re upload them

16. Pede

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

Their are advantages to your dad being in the construction business, we have a couple of acres here in town and as a kid my dad built a 1/4mile dirt oval, fully banked, bout 2hours with the grader left us with years of fun, from go-karts to mini bikes to dirt bikes.

Seastacker likes this.
  17. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

That sounds like a blast Larry I wish the intake designs on these go karts were better . all of them have the PS4 Polaris mod currently to help stohp injesting so much dirt. K&n filters on both make the problem worse
    20171129_082130.jpg 20171129_082121.jpg

18. DieselFume

Side X Side(s):

The ford (yellow) cart is sitting in front of the shop. broke down again. has a leak in the brake system, and one of the new tires on it blew the other day . One more thing to keep tires on around here! Think I'm going to keep slicks on them.

19. Pede

Side X Side(s):

09 700 Ranger

You need to find some old junk riding mowers and steel the intake/filters, my Toro has a nice round one......but that is some fine engineering.....