1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Got rid of my baby shoes

Discussion in 'Tires & Wheels' started by Piston Honda, Jul 28, 2017.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. poorboy1964

poorboy1964 Tom SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2016 Kymco 700 LE

Wow what a difference That seams to be the tire of preference around here great reviews, the 500 looks good

Piston Honda likes this.
  2. Piston Honda

Piston Honda Seth Moderator

Side X Side(s):

Honda Pioneer 500

I have some miles on them now and there is a big difference in the ride. I'm running them at 6 lbs (thinking about 4 lbs) and it's much smoother. Going over the whoops in the St Helen trails isn't nearly as annoying now. They're not very good in the sand but seem to be good in everything else. I wonder how they'll do in the snow. I hope they don't just dig holes like they do in the sand.

3. Piston Honda

Side X Side(s):

Honda Pioneer 500

Thanks, Tom!

4. Curt

Curt Administrator

Running 6 pounds and thinking about 4? I'd worry about pinch flats. I run 12 pounds in my tires, but my machines are a bit heavier.....

5. River Rat

River Rat Mike SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

'07 Prowler 650XT

If your Ripsaws are like the ones I had, the sidewalls are stiff enough new you can almost run them flat and not notice it!

Piston Honda likes this.
  6. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 Polaris Ranger 500 EFI Mid-Size

I don't know what the max inflation on the Rip Saws is, but my Outlaws are max at 7psi. I run them at 6 and could probably go less. The sidewalls are so ridged on them, they don't even start to look low until I get to 3 psi! When I ran mine at the dunes, I think I ended up at 2.5psi to get them soft enough to not just dig holes in the sand.

Piston Honda likes this.
  7. Piston Honda

Side X Side(s):

Honda Pioneer 500

yeah, 4 lbs sounds crazy but the rip saws are really stiff and 4 lbs is a pretty common pressure for every day riding. I didn't want go right from 8 to 4 without seeing how 6 felt.

8. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, 3 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All doomed for hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Not baby shoes Seth, it just had small feet!

The upgrade looks greaf. The sedona rip saw is tough as nails, will ride a bit rough, but wear like iron. Just be cautious not to run them on the underinflated side, will cause the sidewall to crack/breakout in the long run. Looks great on your Honda!

Piston Honda likes this.
  9. Piston Honda

Side X Side(s):

Honda Pioneer 500

Thanks, Adam! What would you consider to be under inflated?

10. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, 3 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All doomed for hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Well, that kinda depends. On our 800 rangers, that probably weigh upward of 1600 lbs minimum with cab and accessories, I found that running them 10lbs and under would cause the sidewalls to split (especially on the rears) in about 3-4000 miles. The last set I had I ran at 12 psi and had no more issues... I'd like to say that the sidewall splitting was an issue with only one set, but I saw it happen on 75% of the rear tires on the previous 3 sets. Only one ever blew out, but that gaping crack in the sidewall sure made me nervous!

Don't know the weight on your pioneer, but I'd venture to guess it's lighter than our ranger setups, and you'll likely be fine in the 10lbs, maybe 8 lb area. Don't like I'd dare run them lower than that just from my personal experience.

11. Piston Honda

Side X Side(s):

Honda Pioneer 500

I'm going to have to do some homework. The tires arrived @8 lbs and I lowered them to 6. I'll see if Sedona recommends a setting for a 1000 lb. machine. Thanks for the info.

12. Piston Honda

Side X Side(s):

Honda Pioneer 500

According to Sedona's website, the inflated pressure of the 26x10-12 is 7 lbs. I'm running at 6 now so that shouldn't be a problem. If I drop it down to 4 in the sand then inflate back to 6 afterwards I should be good.

Capture.JPG