1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Head Studs

Discussion in 'Prowler Nation' started by Richard Davidson, Dec 3, 2016.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Ron Moderator

Side X Side(s):

17 Polaris General
    13 Polaris Ranger

Hay rich I have a general if you ever want to play.Someday would like to add a turbo or supercharger or clutches just to beat or out run a friends can am turbo. Can run with him but with his turbo he pulls about 1 1/2 machines from start and cant run him down just hang with him I'm sure you know him Rich being you live in Reed City as he does!

2. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

I know what you mean! Sometimes stock is "good enough". and in many cases, stock is the limit-

I the polaris 700/800 valvetrain is pretty similar to a small block chevy. It's a pushrod setup with hyd lifters. 32psi is spec throughout the rpm range, but many try and achieve more. For what reason I'm not really sure. The crank bearings to my understanding are ball/roller, not sure on the rods.
    IMO, all high oil pressure does is overheat the oil, and in cold conditions can hyd. lock the lifters-

Sounds like you've got the 700 all figured out!, about time to upgrade to something bigger/newer?

Richard Davidson likes this.
  3. Richard Davidson

Richard Davidson RD SXS Nation Insanity

Side X Side(s):

2009 Arctic Cat Prowler 700 XTX

Just getting rid of old thinking regarding my Prowler. My BBF ran 85 psi of oil pressure cold, had to heat the oil before I could hammer it! Engine swap is about all I'd consider! Prowler has/is a fun build! I hang out around Palmers in Reed City weekly!