1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

Hello all. New kid (at heart) chiming in

Discussion in 'General Side X Side Discussions' started by Cush Man, Jun 7, 2020.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Cush Man

Cush Man Kyle SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Cushman 1600XD

Never to late in life for a new toy, and to learn how to fix and maintain it. Hope to be able to contribute as much as I get from the expertise of the group....but I can only promise to try.

Kinda fell into a deal I couldn't pass up on a 2014 Cushman 1600 XD. I had some understanding of the impact of buying an off brand and the difficulty in buying parts for it, but couldn't pass up the deal. This unit was a golf course maintenance vehicle that was apparently time to replace for whatever reason(s). Six years old, 1250 hours. Starts/runs OK (no experience to really describe any better) louder than I thought it would be, steers and shifts kinda hard, but seems to do what a "work" UTV should do"

Live in a small Wisconsin river town named Trempealeau. Retired and moved here to fish. UTV's are allowed on some streets, so mine will replace my truck as my boat and ice fishing shack tow vehicle for the 2 mile trek to the river/lakes.

I understand that this Cushman is actually a Daedong company OEM'ed vehicle. Same as their US model Mechron 2000's.

My first orders of business are to replace the CV joint axle boots that are cracked torn and soon to be, new tires, (must have spent a lot of time on the paved golf cart pathways,) figure out why it shifts gears so hard, and I HAVE to retrofit it with power steering!!!

If anyone out there has any experience with the Cushman 1600XD's, or the Mechrons and have any advice on parts availabilities, maintenance on them, offbrand/universal power steering retrofits , or anything else I welcome and appreciate the input.

Regards,
    Cushman
    AKA: Kyle Anderson

2. FloridaAl

FloridaAl Alec SXS Nation Regular

Side X Side(s):

2013 Polaris Ranger 900XP; (2011 Browning Ranger 800EPS, SOLD; 2005 Ranger 500, SOLD; 2016 Mahindra mPact 750S, SOLD.)

Kyle,
    It's been a loooong time since I thought about a Cushman. As a kid (50 years ago) I worked on some kind of Cushman scooter. It had a boxy frame is all I remember. Wish I could help you, but wanted to simply say "thanks" for bringing back those memories and "Welcome" to the group. I will be surprised if someone here can't help you out. I've received a ton of help from all over the globe here.

3. Glatty56

Glatty56 Don SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

2012 Cushman 1600XD

I own a 2012 Cushman 1600XD with 930 hours on it. Your shifting problem is likely because your CVT Clutch group is worn out. At least that is what my problem was. The CVT group consists of a primary clutch, secondary clutch and the CVT belt that connects the two. The primary and secondary clutch assemblies are very expensive. Between $950-$1250 each depending on where you get them. I was not willing to put out that kind of $$ for this repair and set out to find a rebuild kit instead of replacing the entire assembly. After 3 months of searching I finally found the part I was looking for on CountryCat.Com. Part # U3210-29062. Cost $171.86. I hired someone to do the work and reassemble. Total Bill $300. Oh, BTW. The CVT Belt was about $140 on eBay, so the total bill was closer to $450.

4. Cush Man

Cush Man Kyle SXS Nation Rookie

Side X Side(s):

Cushman 1600XD

Great to know. Thanks for the information. Assume that solved your problem?