1. Welcome,
    SXSNation is a UTV Community that brings enthusiasts together regardless of brand, a place to find local rides, partake in discussion, buy or sell within a marketplace, or just rant about anything side by sides. Interact directly with top Vendors in the Industry, find exclusive discounts and specials and participate in weekly giveaways! If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for?
    Dismiss Notice

HELP PLS - Inner Clutch Cover

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jaybey, Dec 29, 2017.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Jaybey

Jaybey Joe SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2015 Polaris Ranger XP EPS 900

Blew another belt last Friday. WOW. Ken say jackrabbit starts. I pulled the outer cover off and patched it up to a point. Way to much damage to the cover itself so I ordered a new outer cover and the rubber seal. When I put the old cover back on to keep it protected I noticed the the inner cover has grove around part of it for the seal to rest in. My inner cover has not grove on lower back 12 inches. So my question is, should the grove go all the way around? I can't find a parts picture that shows the inside of the inner cover.

2635158 ASM., COVR, CLUTCH INNER

2. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Will the seal stay where it's supposed to without the groove? If it will, I wouldn't worry about it. Just as long as the box is sealed up when you're done!

What brand of belts are you using?

3. Chiefmorton

Chiefmorton Brian Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2016 Velocity blue Polaris ranger crew 900

I can' swear to it but I was thinking the inside cover had a groove all the way around it where the rubber gasket goes. It' been a while since I've had mine off.

4. DieselFume

DieselFume Adam Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 XP 800 Ranger, Three 2017 Polaris 570 Full Sizes. All subjected to hard ranch work, long hours and rough conditions. 5 years or bust!

Do ya have pics of yours Joe?

5. Seastacker

Seastacker Carl Moderator

Side X Side(s):

2013 Polaris Ranger 500 EFI Mid-Size

I looked on Fix My Toys and think the proper part you are looking for is 2635158 for the inner cover. I did a google image search on this part and came up with this e-bay listing. Try using these images to verify what you need. You can usually hover and zoom in on the part a bit if needed. The listing has pics of both the outside and inside of the cover.

Polaris ASMCOVER,CLUTCH,INNER 2635158 New OEM | eBay

6. Jaybey

Jaybey Joe SXS Nation Expert

Side X Side(s):

2015 Polaris Ranger XP EPS 900

Thanks for all the replies. Happy New Years. I ended up speaking to a service tech who said the new models do not have the grove all the way around, so I should be good to go.

Ken and Seastacker like this.